• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Should stickerless cubes be allowed in WCA competition?

Should stickerless cubes be allowed in competition? Your opinion?

• Yes, stickerless cubes should be allowed in competition

Votes: 288 63.6%
  • No, they should not

Votes: 134 29.6%
  • No opinion

Votes: 31 6.8%

• Total voters

WitEden

I want to ask everybody,Can the color version of combined DaYan Guhong participate in WCA competition? ? ?

Color Guhong is used 6 color (white,yellow,blue,green,red,orange) to combine, it is a stickerless cube,very beautiful!

I think it can participate in WCA competition!

GuHong-color.jpg

GuHong-color-1.jpg

GuHong-color-2.jpg

GuHong-color-3.jpg

Color DaYan GuHong on WitEden:http://www.witeden.com/goods.php?id=161

Last edited by a moderator:

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
If you look carefully at the first image it is possible to work out the colours on the back faces, underneath the white cubies. This happens because the plastic is slightly translucent, allowing the colour from the rear faces to pass through the white plastic. For example I can 'see' that the colour opposite blue is green, and that opposite orange is orange/red.

The effect isn't as obvious on the scrambled version because the majority of light is coming from behind the viewer. If the light comes from behind the cube however, the effect is much more obvious.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Cride: I can't really see it but a slight hue along the edge. I wouldn't really call it an advantage.

I think if this is really an issue we should bring this up on the WCA website and let the Delegates discuss the issue. It might require some hands on with the cubes though so it might not be allowed by nationals but maybe in the future?

Witeden: I don't feel like registering an account just to find the shipping price (I was doing it through the checkout method), so how much is shipping? :D:D

Last edited:

Whyusosrs?

I want to ask everybody,Can the color version of combined DaYan Guhong participate in WCA competition? ? ?

I think it can participate in WCA competition!

:):fp:cool:
fb1cb5526f46.jpg

Ok. I don't see the big deal. Unless you're looking at a normal cube from exactly 90 degrees, you can see either the color on the right or left. If you see the color on the right then the color on the left is obvious.

With the guhong you can see the color when the cube is directly at 90 degrees because of how the cube is put together but this is only when a layer is turned. So yes, there is a slight advantage but no one holds the cube at exactly 90 degrees for more then a few milliseconds.

That wasn't really all that clear, probably. But yea.

FatBoyXPC

WCA
2010LACH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That cube is so illegal. I can't believe I didn't make the connection earlier when I realized that it's 3 parts for each corner + 2 parts for an edge. And you can't see that "left" face "normally" but you can here due to the way the cubies are put together. I'm not sure how much of an advantage that would hold in speedcubing, especially the fast cubers since their TPS is so high.

I honestly don't see this being allowed in competition though, since that is an obvious amount visible.

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't read the regulations much, so please, no ass-talking please :3

Would this color version of the GuHong effect these regulations?

3h) No modifications are allowed that enhance the basic concept of a puzzle. Some examples of enhancing the basic concept are: new moves are possible, normal moves are impossible, more pieces are visible, colours on the backside of the puzzle are visible, moves are done automatically, more or other solved states.

3j) Puzzles must be clean and must not have any markings, elevated pieces, damages, or other differences that distinguish one piece from a similar piece.