• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Should I view AUF as a part of PLL or it’s own thing?

WCA
2022KIMM08
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question: Should I view my AUF as a part of my PLL algorithm or should I view it as it’s entire separate part. What I’m asking for is this: If I do a J perm, and my AUF was a U’, if I did the algorithm, should I view the J perm as a J perm with a U’ at the end or as just a J perm and then a U’. I’ve had this question for a while, so I just wanted to get it off my mind. Thanks!

Example (Jb perm and my alg might be different than yours):

AUF Seperate: R U R’ F’ R U R’ U’ R’ F R2 U’ R’ // U’
AUF Together: R U R’ F’ R U R’ U’ R’ F R2 U’ R’ U’

Last edited:
WCA
2022KIMM08
YouTube
Visit Channel
i'm slow (i average 25) but I veiw AUF as part of PLL if that means anything
Awesome, thanks for your opinion! Also 25 isn’t slow cause the average time to average around the world is 30, so you’re actually below average. And once again, thanks for the opinion! I think I’ll take your advice for now!

WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whatever way helps you solve faster is the best way to go about it. Personally, I always think about auf while executing PLL, and I keep it in mind if the PLL ends with a U move, so that I can cancel into AUF.

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
I think I know the vid but average time is usually slower than the median (probably a more appropriate measure) so shouldn’t be compared. Anyway this thread is getting sidetracked. Try to do auf as part of PLL and blend it in. Doesn’t make it a part of PLL, but auf prediction is important and should be learned for all plls

WCA
2022KIMM08
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I know the vid but average time is usually slower than the median (probably a more appropriate measure) so shouldn’t be compared. Anyway this thread is getting sidetracked. Try to do auf as part of PLL and blend it in. Doesn’t make it a part of PLL, but auf prediction is important and should be learned for all plls
Awesome, I guess we have reached a consensus. AUF should be blended in with pll.

WCA
2022KIMM08
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah but the figure 30 includes people (me trying my hardest not to swear) who average 2 minutes
I'm having trouble understanding this. Let me try to explain what I meant: He said he was slow cause he averaged 25, and I told him the average AVERAGE time for 3X3 was 30 SECONDS. This means that the average time to solve a 3x3 rubik's cube around the world is 30 SECONDS. (edit: ur pbs are under 10 seconds so I know this cannot be a joke post about that)

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
I'm having trouble understanding this. Let me try to explain what I meant: He said he was slow cause he averaged 25, and I told him the average AVERAGE time for 3X3 was 30 SECONDS. This means that the average time to solve a 3x3 rubik's cube around the world is 30 SECONDS. (edit: ur pbs are under 10 seconds so I know this cannot be a joke post about that)
I know. But the average time of 30 secs includes people who avg 2 minutes