• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Should I sell Force Cubes

SpeedForce

Hey guys, I've been making force cubes for my friends and I lately, just for fun. I started wondering if there could be a market to sell them. I'm planning on buying a large wholesale lot to mod and resell, but I can't decide which cube to start with. Or if I should get a variety of different cubes? If you were in the market for force cubes, which cubes would you be interested in? Would you like to see specialty cubes like pyraminxs, skewbs, etc? Also, would you prefer to have stickers included or not? Any advice you guys have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Duncan Bannon

I think they are Stickerless cubes that are taken apart and all the same colors are put into one cube. So it takes 6 cubes to end up with 6 force cubes. It’s a cube that is all one color, normally you would restocked them. So a homemade like gts2 TEAL.

Ordway Persyn

WCA
2016PERS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I believe back in the day some cube stores sold Dayan force cubes because people thought that the plastic that stickerless cubes were made of were better. (It was debated wether or not this was true). Nowadays, force cubes are really only aesthetic. While dayan also came out with solid colored cubes that came in the stickerless shades, more recent companies haven't done this. I'd probably recommend a cheap cube to start with.

SpeedForce

Yes, force cubes are made by taking apart 6 stickerless cubes, re-assembling into 6 solid color cubes, and then stickering them. This gives you the ability to have "custom" colored cubes rather than the standard black or white. There is some debate on weather or not stickerless cubes are faster but, this is not why I make them. I make the because like the ability to have cubes with different color backgrounds and choose my own stickers. Primarily for aesthetic reasons, ie. they look cool. These do cost a few dollars more because of the labor involved in making them, but this gives the end user the ability to have customized puzzles that are not commercially available. I am a bit of a collector and having non-standard unique puzzles is what appeals to me.

Last edited: