• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Should Face-Turning Octahedron (FTO) be added to the Weekly Competition?

Should Face-Turning Octahedron (FTO) be added to the Weekly Competition?

• No - I would prefer that the event not be added.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
This poll will be open for 15 days.

Vote yes ONLY if you BOTH want the event added AND intend to compete in it if possible.

Vote no if you specifically don't want the event added.

If the event receives at least 30 Yes votes (20% of the weekly average of participants) AND ALSO has more Yes votes than No votes, it will be added to the competition.

Responses other than Yes or No will not have any impact on the decision. Your response can be changed up until the poll closes.

Last edited:

zslane

To be honest, I am really only interested in seeing the FTO become a WCA event--even if only as a 2nd tier side event--in order to encourage manufacturers to make good ones for us. I don't see any path towards better FTO puzzles without WCA exposure.

Delta Phi

WCA
2014DEYA01
I'm in favor of having as many events as the administrators are willing to support, but only if there is some way that we can bookmark our favorite events or hide events that we don't do, since the digital clutter is the only real drawback to having more events besides the overall ranking which IMO most people don't really pay attention to, and even for people who do, I'd believe that most of them wouldn't mind either.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
FTO looks like a strong candidate to be added next year to the SS Competitions. I hope to get one soon, as the Indian cubing stores do not have it currently. Now there will be 35 events to compete in. Hopefully I won't forget to do more speedFMC in 2021, R' U' R E' R2 S R' S' R2 U E R.