• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

C4Y DIY Which way should spring face.

DcF1337

What about the washers? Will the way they are inserted affect the way the cube turns?

Corpsez

I did it the other way, will this effect the quality?

Well the bigger side is coiled like that for a reason. The way you put it on, the spring can catch on the plastic and start grinding into it. If I were you I would go back and put the springs back on correctly. I had a type d which didn't come with washers or coiled springs, and 3 of the springs can't come off of the center piece because they grinded into the plastic.

bobwaci

I just did it the correct way, but I notice now there is a springy sound when I turn. Is this normal.

bobwaci

Thank you guys so much for the help. Yeah I did notice erosion of the plastic when I was switching the spring direction. The smaller end has a sharp spot that will grind the plastic.