• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Shock Oil

skarian

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was wondering where I can purchase RC Car Shock Oil. The same lube Dan Cohen uses, also would you recommend, edison cubes, if so what color, also is it a spray like crc, if not how do i apply it, a picture would also help

Last edited:

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
You answered your own question. It's for RC cars, so get it wherever you would get RC cars. It's a liquid and it comes in a small flip top bottle.

bwatkins

Most hobby stores that sell high end RC cars will have it. I put this on a few of my cubes and it made the feel of the cube extremely "slippery." It turns out one of them is now my main cube, however Ive been using CRC ever since so i cant say if the RC shock oil is to credit for this. I used 30 wt. oil and was pleased with it at first, attached is a picture of what I used.

Attachments

• Snapshot_20090807.jpg
    Snapshot_20090807.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 108

bwatkins

very true, i had a friend use 25 wt. oil on his V-7 and was pleased as CRC caused the pieces to fuse together temporarily.

JTW2007

BattsMan
2008WARL01
I prefer CRC Silicone spray, but I use the shock oil for my big cubes. Spray propellants can tend to fuse pieces together (if I am to slow to work in the lube) and I don't want have to disassemble and reassemble a big cube to unfuse them.

Same here. It's a force to be reckoned with on a mefferts 4x4.

skarian

YouTube
Visit Channel
thank you all for the great feedback, also is it possible to find it at home depot, if not ill just order online.
When I lube it do i just pour it in, or what, thank you for the pics very helpful:):):):)

bwatkins

The team associated (ae) shock oil is what i used. I just dropped some in side and worked it in similar to a silicone spray. Be careful as i put too much on and it dripped out on to the stickers (easier than silicone would), and was extremely oily and unpleasant to cube with. I re-stickered eventually, so proceed with caution. But I'd say that's just fine.

nat4sail

YouTube
Visit Channel
i like to use 20 weight shock oil. i apply it the same way as lubix because it is 100% silicone just as lubix is. it works great and i am very pleased ^__^

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
if the 3 in 1 is in a yellow and black can dont buy it, id say either the 40 or jig a loo

u mean this can?
0381562_1

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...1562P/3-in-1%2BSilicone%2BSpray.jsp?locale=en

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
3-in-1 is not bad, although most other lubes are 9000x better.
I'd say go for jig-a-loo.
Don't have the time to read the thread, but I assume you're beginning. You'll have to be careful with jig-a-loo. It bonds plastic if you don't use it correctly. But then again, there's almost no risk with shock oil.