• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Shengshou Wind 5x5

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I doubt this will take the place of the YuXin as the best for its price, because Shengshou is pretty much a name of the past now. I do like how it has those small florian cuts though; maybe Shengshou is finally learning. I guess we'll see.

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The pieces remind me a lot of the AoChuang, just... bubbly.

It'll obviously be better than their old 5x5. But will it still pop like both its predecessor and the AoChuang? I don't see the kind of robust anti-pop mech that we got from the Yuxin or the HuaChuang that protected the center pieces from flying out.

But hey... I love new 5x5s. I'm definitely getting this.

NubCubing

WCA
2016CHEO01
I don't know whether I should get this, the Yuxin 5x5, or wait for MoYu to release the Bochuang. Probably going to be good for beginners, or for people on budgets. This cube is $1 cheaper than the Yuxin, but will it be worth to get this, or spend another dollar on the Yuxin?

Thecubicle.us also said that it uses MoYu-style shades, and uses the same material. I wonder why...

NJ Cuber

WCA
2014IYER03
YouTube
Visit Channel
It looks promising, but I don't think it will contend to other 5x5s. The aochuang, huachuang, and the yuxin all are great cubes in my opinion. I can't guarantee that of the aochuang, but the others are wonderful. The yuxin is my main because it is very smooth and cheap. Shengshou looks like it is improving, but I won't be getting this, became I am happy with my yuxin.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Got it today. Fine cube for begginers, but I wouldn't recommend it too much for the world class speedcubers :) Quite loud, crispy feeling. Corner cutting is not that bad. I would give it 6+/10

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fast. Very fast. Uselessly fast since it's so unstable. Lots of lockups. Has lots of internal catching. It's better than the previous SS. But not better than the oldest moyu. Not even close. For the same price or better you can get a yuxin that at least doesn't have the same catching and locking. Would not recommend.

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fast. Very fast. Uselessly fast since it's so unstable. Lots of lockups. Has lots of internal catching. It's better than the previous SS. But not better than the oldest moyu. Not even close. For the same price or better you can get a yuxin that at least doesn't have the same catching and locking. Would not recommend.

Mine is slow

Sajwo

WCA
2012SZEW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yours must've come a lot tighter than mine. Although I did loosen it a little just to mitigate some of the catching on the outer layers. Internal catches are still an issue.

When it's tight, do you get any catching issues?

It has some minor catches due to the poor corner cutting, but I didn't get any internal catches yet