• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Sebastian Weyer - 17.42 4x4 Single

efattah

When a reconstruction shows OLLCP it is never clear to me if the person actually knows full OLLCP and used it, or just did regular OLL and got a CP or full skip by luck. Because if someone does know OLLCP and gets an EPLL skip the odds of that are pretty good and I would say the skip is caused by skill, vs. with regular OLL, getting a PLL skip requires a lot more luck.

Either way, amazing solve!

Ronxu

WCA
2010RONK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
for the people that keep saying Max's 15.40 was unofficial...
lmao I'm aware I'm a cuber too:)

I was just saying that he still has a chance not that it should be the new world record
Obviously he has a chance to get the world record. That's the case UWR or not. The problem is you pointing out something completely irrelevant to the thread. It's not the first time Seb's records are low key belittled by fankids of more popular cubers. Your location really isn't helping your case btw.

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
When a reconstruction shows OLLCP it is never clear to me if the person actually knows full OLLCP and used it, or just did regular OLL and got a CP or full skip by luck. Because if someone does know OLLCP and gets an EPLL skip the odds of that are pretty good and I would say the skip is caused by skill, vs. with regular OLL, getting a PLL skip requires a lot more luck.
He just did the standard 6 move OLL. Reconstructions usually say OLL(CP) anytime someone solves the corners during OLL, because OLL(CP) just means OLL with the corners permuted.
Either way, amazing solve!

I agree, it was still an amazing solve, and congrats to Sebastian on smashing the world record!