• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rubiks.com shop has opened!

36duong

WCA
2009DUON01
It opened before you posted this :) and most people know where it is, but I'm celebrating. I really wanted a Rubik's DIY but then the darn store closed.

pcwiz

YouTube
Visit Channel
Of course it opened before I posted this - otherwise I would not have known it had opened.

Ok I was just joking, and you're saying it opened a few days ago. Well I don't check it often, and I didn't see anyone post it here, so I made a thread about it so.... yeah

36duong

WCA
2009DUON01
I would get one from Cube4You, but I have had a bad experience with them. Then again, Intl shipping in the Rubik's Store is 20 bucks. Anyway, that Japanese speedcubing set, it just looks like a store bought with screws instead of rivets.

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
I used to hear that the japanese speedcubing kit is basically the new mold of Rubik's DIY, and that they will be selling them after the current stock is sold out.

They already do, I ordered three of them.

1st one I trew up the stairs and all the pieces popped out, two pieces are still on the stairs after a month.

2nd one I let drunk people play with it in the disco and it dropped and popped a million times and then I also trew it up the stairs, but it fell from the stairs. <-- I am sure the screw aren't that straight anymore. :p

3rd one well I took the screws, springs and then kernel and just used my old 2006 DIY blocks and now it ''OK''.

I don't like the new mold cubes, they are loose, but they cannot cut corners and they keep popping and it´s the same story for the Japanese Speedcubing-kit only there you are certain that the screws are screwed in straight into the kernel.

Rama

WCA
2006TEMM01
Oh No!!! What did you do to your cubes Rama!?! You should have sent the cubes to me instead of the stairs...

I don't complain very fast when it comes about cubes, I know that every cube needs to be broken in, but I played with the first cube for two months straight and still it turned like 'garbage'.

Harris Chan

WCA
2007CHAN07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I won some DIYs at C3 a week ago, and those certainly were the same old mold. Do you think that if I order one now, I'll get a new mold one Rama? They all shipped from Canada, right? So if you ordered from Europe you'll get the same thing as if I ordered it from Canada? I just wanted to make sure lol