• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Roux First Block LD Pair or F2L Pair?

Sometimes during inspection I will have an LD Pair and an F2L Pair that I can use to start my First Block. In general does one way work out better than the other?

FFC0AC8E-9706-4ACD-BB6C-F1D8B4DC6076.jpeg4A8D6BE5-9E08-4C87-B4CD-E55DC7120CB0.jpeg

In this scramble I have the Red/Blue F2L pair I can match to the blue center. I also have the Orange/White LD pair (I’m disregarding the Yellow/Green LD Pair on top for now, but that could be used as well). The one possible disadvantage I can think of by using the F2L pair is I would also have to match up the corresponding LD pair at the same time for better efficiency (which may not be a disadvantage depending on the moves).

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Sometimes during inspection I will have an LD Pair and an F2L Pair that I can use to start my First Block. In general does one way work out better than the other?

View attachment 10809View attachment 10810

In this scramble I have the Red/Blue F2L pair I can match to the blue center. I also have the Orange/White LD pair (I’m disregarding the Yellow/Green LD Pair on top for now, but that could be used as well). The one possible disadvantage I can think of by using the F2L pair is I would also have to match up the corresponding LD pair at the same time for better efficiency (which may not be a disadvantage depending on the moves).
It depends. When I have a f2l pair I figure how much it takes to insert the DL edge and see if that’s easier than to set the DL edge and make a pair

narusite

Same as above : it depends.
Where are the others pieces of the FB? is the "first square" easier to do with one or the other? if so, is the last pair easy to make/insert?

The same should apply to the SB: if a pair is already done, or the BR edge is already in place for instance.