• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

River Hill Winter 2012

chris410

Yeah, that didn't exactly happen... I cubed for a few days but really haven't in two weeks. I start a new job on Monday and it has been a little hectic.

Frustrating isn't it! Wait until you buy a house and get married...although, you are already fast so you are far better off than I am when it comes to speed. I was hoping to learn BLD over the summer then work went from normal to crazy and those dreams went away.

Although, while I am very slow compared to most, in a sense it makes the competitions more fun because I end up trying to beat my previous times. No pressure!

I am looking forward to catching up with those of you I know and meeting some new people. Weather looks like rain/freezing rain in the morning then it is supposed to change over to rain. NY/PA people may have some snow to deal with so be safe everyone and allow yourself some extra time.

Kian

WCA
2007BARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There will be a little less than $80 worth of prizes! $50 out of that all actually go to the three people who place in 3x3 though.

I hope to see you all tomorrow!

Hmm maybe I'll have to sneak an upset and come in 3rd again to bring home the big bucks.

Frustrating isn't it! Wait until you buy a house and get married...although, you are already fast so you are far better off than I am when it comes to speed. I was hoping to learn BLD over the summer then work went from normal to crazy and those dreams went away.

Although, while I am very slow compared to most, in a sense it makes the competitions more fun because I end up trying to beat my previous times. No pressure!

I am looking forward to catching up with those of you I know and meeting some new people. Weather looks like rain/freezing rain in the morning then it is supposed to change over to rain. NY/PA people may have some snow to deal with so be safe everyone and allow yourself some extra time.

Yes, life does continue to come into conflict with my ability to cube, but at least it has still allowed me to go to cube tournaments at a high rate thus far, though that may change.

Thankfully I'm driving down with Bob tonight so we'll avoid a long drive in the freezing rain.

Last edited:

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Apparently there is supposed to be ice tomorrow? My dad is driving me up there from central virgina, we are leaving around 5:00 to get there on time. Any idea where I can see if there's a warning for my traveling location? I think we are planning on coming up 29, but I'm not sure. We might be taking I-95. Is the weather going to impact the competition? Will it still be held?

masterofthebass

Premium Member
WCA
2007COHE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Apparently there is supposed to be ice tomorrow? My dad is driving me up there from central virgina, we are leaving around 5:00 to get there on time. Any idea where I can see if there's a warning for my traveling location? I think we are planning on coming up 29, but I'm not sure. We might be taking I-95. Is the weather going to impact the competition? Will it still be held?

The competition is definitely going to be held. Just be careful driving in the morning because there may be ice around. It should melt by the mid-morning/end of the competition though, but its probably a good thing to be careful.

minime12358

WCA
2010KAPL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think the only problem that could arise is if the school kicks us out. But other than that, basically what Dan said.

The competition is definitely going to be held. Just be careful driving in the morning because there may be ice around. It should melt by the mid-morning/end of the competition though, but its probably a good thing to be careful.

A number of counties have already closed :/ My county (Fairfax) has already closed unfortunately. Hoping for the best, but I doubt that the county will stay open.