• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Review of Main 3x3x3 Cube Models and Clarification on the Naming System of Type A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juju

The A5 isn't that good right out of the box. It needs a little breaking in, tensioning and lube, not to mention modding the corners by sanding the sharp corner down. After that it's a tight, controllable cube that performs well.

Someone755

The rubik's studio isn't DIY. That's just a picture. And it costs just like normal cubes. My storebought, studio, and dayan GuHong all cost the same!

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would say that the best tension for a Type C is high. This comes from personal experience as with my Type C, any average tension auses a pop fairly frequentl. (1 in 5 solves)

CoconutHead

WCA
2007CORU01
I actually have a Alpha NewType I, if this thread isnt dead right now, i could take pictures of it. and i could do a little review too.

iEnjoyCubing

WCA
2011VALL01
Thanks for all your work. I'll definitely have to come back to this thread when I'm looking at new 3x3s. By the way, is the AIII-F another name for the new type AIII?

Status
Not open for further replies.