• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Type C V brief review/(mostly) first impressions

TanookiTrev

So I got my C V today, and I really don't know how to describe it.
It feels to me just like an improved MuFang Fusion (I don't know how many people ever actually tried that cube). On the tensions I have it on (Medium, i'd say) and after I lubed it with traxxas- It feels smooth (not as smooth as a Guhong V2 but smoother than a Zhanchi), it is fast, it cuts line to line and reverse cuts half a piece and the middle layer turns are really nice.
It's still early days but I can already feel it getting better the more I use it and at this stage I can say this will definitely be one of my 2 mains but I also think that it may not be to some people's liking.
I have two minor niggles though, one being that it sometimes gets corner twists and another being that it make my fingers tingly when I use it because of the feel :p If you have some spare money I'd definitely recommend it. But I'm not sure whether it's going to overtake the Dayan cubes (I somehow doubt it really). If you're unsure I'd definitely recommend waiting until some video reviews come out so you can more accurately judge for yourself.

Sorry that this was probably not very helpful because of my mixed feelings. Final thoughts: The feel is like that of a Mufang Fusion (FeiXuan) and is a really good cube but it has a "unique" feel and I imagine a lot of people will stick with Dayan cubes but I still don't doubt that there will be people who will enjoy the feel of this cube a lot. This is only one person's opinion though and if you have one i'd like to hear your thoughts on it? Thanks :)

EDIT: Okay, I definitely prefer my Guhong V2.

Last edited:

TanookiTrev

Just a question...how does it feel compared to the Type C IV WitLong?
Unfortunately, I don't have a WitLong to compare it to, but as Ickathu said- Better :p There is more plastic so I imagine it's slightly heavier, and definitely less catchy and more smooth.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it is actually a bit locky still. Nothing too major though.

Last edited:
WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Huh, I have a stickerless WitLong and I actually like it. Am I really the only one who likes the C4? C5 looks pretty good, I want one but I already have loads of 3x3s. My excuse before was more cubes for MBLD, but unfortunately I'm not good enough at it yet ...