• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Returning to cubing

LiamSquirrell

Hi, my name is Liam. I have been cubing for 10 years now. I cubed on and off throughout that time and am now ready to pick the cube up again. My PB is 12.07 but got lucky with 2 pairs and an oll skip. I average between 18 and 25 seconds and am looking to become a consistent sub 20. I have never been to a competition and am using this space to find people who are willing to help me and give my help to those looking for it too. I hope this is enough information. Any more, feel free to ask

Hi, my name is Liam. I have been cubing for 10 years now. I cubed on and off throughout that time and am now ready to pick the cube up again. My PB is 12.07 but got lucky with 2 pairs and an oll skip. I average between 18 and 25 seconds and am looking to become a consistent sub 20. I have never been to a competition and am using this space to find people who are willing to help me and give my help to those looking for it too. I hope this is enough information. Any more, feel free to ask
Welcome back!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Welcome to the forums!

I hope this is enough information. Any more, feel free to ask

I just need your social security number and all your credit card info. That should be enough

It's just a prank bro

Last edited:

LiamSquirrell

I love the feel of the smart cube! That is my favourite cube, but illegal unfortunately. Only problem is, the bluetooth side to it doesn't work. The app worked for about a week before logging me out and never working again. Its now back to being a normal cube

Etotheipi

I love the feel of the smart cube! That is my favourite cube, but illegal unfortunately. Only problem is, the bluetooth side to it doesn't work. The app worked for about a week before logging me out and never working again. Its now back to being a normal cube
There are much better 3rd party programs for smart cubes than the official ones, so if your cubes bluetooth still works you can still use them. One that came out recently is Cubeast.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
what happened i dont know
and i thought pete was funny
Pete was funny, especially during SMP Live, I love that guy!

If you want an explanation here it is

This user was recently banned according to my knowledge because he had a second account (E Perm) but he did much worse than that. In general, he did not add much to threads and what he did post was either boring, rude, or nonsense. Eventually, he started just bumping threads with no reason just to bump them. Then he started getting very angry whenever people dissed GAN. We all thought that he was a regular GAN fanboy so no one really cared. Then he started behaving strangely, he just started posting random things in dead threads that were loosely tied to the topic at hand. Then when the drama happened when Micah got scammed out of his Valk 4 and Wuque he seemed to be on a witch hunt going after thiscuber (Not tagging anyone out of respect). What thiscuber did was wrong but GANQIYIMOYU took it farther then Micah did, even though it was not even his cubes that were stolen. His generally unconstructive and sometimes destructive behavior continued until one day he made a thread that put the nail in the coffin. I don't remember the exact name of the thread but it was something along the lines of "Selling Bank accounts and social security numbers". I and many other people were angry at him for making this thread. There was not even a joke in it. It was just him advertising an illegal practice that has ruined many lives. Posts came flooding in that thread pointing out that this was neither related to cubing, the cubing community, or individuals in the cubing community, nor was it slightly funny. He got mad and said "Its comedy" and that he was doing a "Social Experiment" to see who DMed him. Sure, that would be funny if 1. There was a punchline and 2. was posted somewhere else. Also, speedsolving.com is not a place to do a social experiment of that type. That was the last thread he posted before his ban. This is an example of what not to do in this community and serves as an example of someone who took things too far and paid the price. Theoretically, the reason for his ban was his second account, but I'm sure he would have been banned anyway due to his bank account thread and also because he was a general nuisance and did more harm than good. Take this as a tale of caution, and to make sure that you represent the community in a good light instead of a bad one.

Last edited: