• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Religion Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Human hybrid87

Premium Member
I am creating this thread because the topic was taking over another thread.

I will start with what does your religion have as proof over any other religion. For example why is it more likely Mohammed or Jesus existed than Odin or Dionysis?

There is evidence a man named Jesus existed but this was a common name in that time. There is not proof he did what he is attributed in the Bible.
"Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, Tacitus, Annals 15.44 That is proof that Jesus was killed by Pontuis Pilate, as stated in the Bible, and further proves that the Jesus in the Bible was indeed a historical Person.

PandaCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Im Buddhist.
Reason is because there are no imaginary gods, nor praying to show youre a follower. Just self healing.
Because when you think about it, whats the purpose of other religions? Whats their actual purpose?
In Buddhism, the purpose is to find inner-peace and true happiness, and i think thats pretty good.

Human hybrid87

Premium Member
Im Buddhist.
Reason is because there are no imaginary gods, nor praying to show youre a follower. Just self healing.
Because when you think about it, whats the purpose of other religions? Whats their actual purpose?
In Buddhism, the purpose is to find inner-peace and true happiness, and i think thats pretty good.

And no punishment for disbelief.

Human hybrid87

Premium Member
"Consequently, to get rid of the report, Nero fastened the guilt and inflicted the most exquisite tortures on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, Tacitus, Annals 15.44 That is proof that Jesus was killed by Pontuis Pilate, as stated in the Bible, and further proves that the Jesus in the Bible was indeed a historical Person.

Odd he wouldnt say anything about rising from the dead.

applemobile

The bible is a wonderful fable. If the whole world took it for what it is, a story depicting the morals of how we should live, then the world would be a lovely place. The fact that people believe it to be true is just reduculous.

I personally believe in my own religion. A religion me an a friend have come up with over the last few years. I plan on writing it all down one day into a book. My basic belief is that there is an afterlife, and that it is what ever you believe (truly believe) it will be. The meaning of life is a quest to gather information to build that afterlife after you die.

I also don't believe in evolution. As I don't believe the universe really exists, I have similar theory's to the 'matrix' theory.

Human hybrid87

Premium Member
The bible is a wonderful fable. If the whole world took it for what it is, a story depicting the morals of how we should live, then the world would be a lovely place. The fact that people believe it to be true is just reduculous.

I personally believe in my own religion. A religion me an a friend have come up with over the last few years. I plan on writing it all down one day into a book. My basic belief is that there is an afterlife, and that it is what ever you believe (truly believe) it will be. The meaning of life is a quest to gather information to build that afterlife after you die.

I also don't believe in evolution. As I don't believe the universe really exists, I have similar theory's to the 'matrix' theory.

Which parts should they follow? The parts about owning slaves and beating disobedient wives? Doesn't sound lovely to me

Status
Not open for further replies.