• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Questions about the Speedstacks Timer

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi!
Could you help me with buying a new timer please?
Does somebody has got this (http://cube4you.com/207_Competition-Timer-(No-Bag-Type-I).html) speedstacks timer?
I want to know:
- what kind of batteries do i need? this one? http://pan.fotovista.com/dev/7/3/33100337/l_33100337.jpg
- how good does it work?
- have you bought something from cube4you already? please tell me, after what time does the things come (air-delivery)
- how often do i have to change the batteries?

Sorry for my poor english, i'm in grade 8 in germany ;)

Greetings,
Conny.

D

Deleted member 2864

I have a question, too. Do normal stackmats (the ones that come with the cups on their site) have that plug for cct and whatnot??? Just wondering cuz stacking seems interesting so it may be better for me to get cups with it.

(X)

WCA
2009GLOP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
where do you buy timers (if you don't live in UK/US(they only ship to US and UK)), and not C4Y it costs freaking 60$, I also wanna make sure that it has a port so i can connect it to my computer.

Thanks

ISuckAtCubing

where could i buy the cheapest speed stacks timer? the speed stacks timer from speeds stacks website is not that bad, but the thing is shipping is $10, so that is like $31, is there anywhere that is cheaper?

panyan

im thinking about buying the cheapest USB keyboard i can get my hands on that is completely flat and making 2 pieces of board that cover each half of the keys. When they are pressed the computer will register that as the same as putting your fingers on a stackmat timer.

ISuckAtCubing

there is one for ipod touch, but it is not as good, it only show to the tenth digit, and sometimes, when you let go it just stops

krazaeda

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've ordered my stackmat/timer combination on eBay this week. The mat and timer cost me 32 dollars I believe and total with shipping to France (international USPS shipping) was 45 dollars. That's around 36 euros knowing that this timer has the memory feature and data port. It's a pretty big store that sells outside of eBay too. Here it is: smtpstores on eBay and the company is named Nerdom LLC (www.cablequeen.com) but you should send them a message on eBay so they'll send you the invoice directly to your Paypal address.

ISuckAtCubing

>.> why cant speed stack use usps, two main thing i want usps is that it might be cheaper, and ups just throw my stuff on the floor( dude i was so pissed when they just throw my stuff on the floor, what if someone stole it?!), but the bad thing for usps is slower shipping?(not sure about that)

krazaeda

YouTube
Visit Channel
I can really recommend the store I listed, just got my order in, that's very quick for (cheap) international shipping and the site is now confirmed to be very friendly, cheap and quick. So, everyone who's searching for a stackmat + timer (+ carry bag) should send a message on eBay to the vendor smtpstores.