• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Qiyi X-Man Design 3x3 Tornado

Aysha

WCA
2017JAMS01
The new Qiyi 3x3 was just released on Zcube.hk:

fHvvPZn.png

Pq8Fun5.png

More images can be found here: http://zcube.hk/mfg-3x3x3-Tornado

A video was also released on Youtube a week ago:

Last edited by a moderator:

willi pilz

Got this cube today. It's really good, definitely main potential for world class cubers.

The best way to describe it is, it is a mix between the thunderclap and the gans 356. It has a little bit of the flimsyness of the 356, but not as much.
The feeling is the same as the thunderclap. Algorithms flow really nice on it. Same as the yuexiao it can cornercut anywere. (Reverse is rediciously good, over line to line)

The cube is on the faster side, I'll try to put the harder gans springs in it + traxxas 50k. In my opinion longer springs make cubes hold a little bit better together and make them more stable.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day :)

Last edited:

ZZTrooper

WCA
2015HOKE01
Got this cube today. It's really good, definitely main potential for world class cubers.

The best way to describe it is, it is a mix between the thunderclap and the gans 356. It has a little bit of the flimsyness of the 356, but not as much.
The feeling is the same as the thunderclap. Algorithms flow really nice on it. Same as the yuexiao it can cornercut anywere. (Reverse is rediciously good, over line to line)

The cube is on the faster side, I'll try to put the harder gans springs in it + traxxas 50k. In my opinion longer springs make cubes hold a little bit better together and make them more stable.

Thanks for reading, have a nice day :)
How are corner twists? The florian holes look ridiculously large which makes it seem unstable and prone to twisting.

willi pilz

How are corner twists? The florian holes look ridiculously large which makes it seem unstable and prone to twisting.

No, i didn't had a singe cornertwist. If you look closely the corners are more sqared of than on the thunderclap or an aolong. But i did only about 20 solves and 200 T-Perms :) .
Oh, and i swapped the springs to gans S9 i think (the softest ones) and the cube is even better now.

This cube might be my main, if only thery wasn't the yuexiao. :) We will see what times i get with it. I average about 15 seconds.