• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Prisma Puzzle Timer

YTCuber

My HTTimer Alpha supports changing the look to other timers, but keeping the timer logic. It currently supports qqTimer only, but I'm working on Prisma, cstimer, ctimer and TTW.
http://httimer.atspace.cc/Alphatimer/timer.php (this is a limited alpha version, there are lots of bugs, and some features are disabled)
Layout->Edit Code, Load PrismaPuzzleTimer, Apply
I know this does not look a lot like Prisma, but I will improve that as I wrote the code in the past 5 minutes, and the components are arranged similar to Prisma.

Sorry for double posting but I saw in this https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/random-state-scramble.62419/#post-1196081 thread that you, Campos20 are a developer or at least can write HTML programs.

If you have the patience and time, could you rewrite the Last Layer Trainer by MarcelP with JS.

Link: https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/threads/marcelp-last-layer-trainer.39661/
Akshat

I would be really grateful. Again, I don't have Java so I can't download it.
Would be grateful if you could do it.

Akshat

P.S Please reply if you can or cannot do it.

YTCuber

@AkshatBadSolver: I like that you suggest things to improve my timer, but please do that here to stay on-topic in this thread. And it is implemented now, Switch Scrambler->Non-WCA->3x3x3 CFOP Last Layer. And PLL, ZZLL, F2L, ZBLL, LSLL and 2GLL will follow.

redjunglefowl

WCA
2014PAGE02
I've been trying hours to get this program running but I don't know how I'm supposed to do it. It just creates a file in he downloads that leads back into the browser and duplicates it. Someone please help. I just want to use this program and nobody else looks to be having this problem. I'm using windows 7 and I installed Java and it says it's installed but I can't find Java when I search my computer for it.

Last edited:
i need help. Whenever I try to open Prisma with Java, its says this:

Unable to install Java

"C:\Users\Name\Downloads\PrismaPuzzleTimer0.6.jar";.

Check that the commands are valid and try again

I really need help fast

RubiksSolver

Introducing Prisma Puzzle Timer 0.6:

Download: https://bitbucket.org/walter/puzzle-timer/downloads/PrismaPuzzleTimer0.6.jar
Project home (source code available): http://prismapuzzletimer.com/

Mac OS X version by Mads Mohr Christensen: https://bitbucket.org/mohr/prisma-puzzle-timer/

0auyJ.png

VjLvT.png

c3s4q.png

Main features:

• Support for 2x2x2-7x7x7, Rubik's clock, Megaminx, Pyraminx, Square-1, Skewb, Floppy cube (1x3x3), Tower cube (2x2x3), Rubik's tower (2x2x4) and Rubik's domino (2x3x3)
  • Custom categories
  • Random state scramblers for 2x2x2, 3x3x3, Rubik's clock, Pyraminx, Square-1, Skewb, Floppy cube, Tower cube, Rubik's tower and Rubik's domino
  • Fixed length random state scramblers for 2x2x2 and Pyraminx
  • Special scramblers for 3x3x3 and Square-1
  • Tips for 3x3x3 (optimal cross, BLD methods) and Square-1 (optimal cube shape)
  • Zero-configuration Stackmat Timer support (actually, you have to select the input device)
  • Keyboard timer using space or ctrl keys
  • Inspection time
  • 3D visualization of scrambles
  • History window with histogram, graph, statistics and times
  • Scramble queue manipulation
  • Session summary
  • Color scheme editor

Hope you like it. Suggestions welcome.

T1_M0

WCA
2017NORR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it true that yuxin timer cannot connect with this?

Btw i just found out there is a skewb scrambler available. I have always timed my skewb solves with some other timer xD. It was too well hidden!

Mex5150

Does anybody know how to extract time and date data from the database? After running it for a few days, it wouldn't load. I tracked the problem down to the database, saved the old one and started again with a fresh clean one (everything works great again now). I can find the scramble if I open the old file in a hex editor, but don't know how to get the rest of the info.

It's only a few days worth of data, so won't kill me to lose it, but it would be nice to be able to manually add it to the current set-up.

~Mex

T1_M0

WCA
2017NORR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It'd be so nice to edit the scramble when addind a solution. If I do for example a 2x2 pb here during a weekly comp, I'd like to save it to the timer with the real scramble.

And still: can yuxin timer connect to this? I'm not too eager to buy a timer if I need to input the times manually then...

Last edited:

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
Does anybody know how to extract time and date data from the database? After running it for a few days, it wouldn't load. I tracked the problem down to the database, saved the old one and started again with a fresh clean one (everything works great again now). I can find the scramble if I open the old file in a hex editor, but don't know how to get the rest of the info.

It's only a few days worth of data, so won't kill me to lose it, but it would be nice to be able to manually add it to the current set-up.

~Mex
It's tricky but it's possible. Took me ages to figure out.

You need to do some command line stuff to run a SQL command on the database. First, download H2 database. I don't use Windows so I use the platform independent installer, which has a jar file called h2-latest.jar

Create a file called csvwrite.sql with the following content
Code:
call csvwrite('dump.csv', 'SELECT * FROM public.solution INNER JOIN public.category ON public.solution.category_id=public.category.category_id');
Then you need to call the script. The easiest way is to probably put all the files you need in the same folder then open the command window in the folder, and run the following command
Code:
java -cp h2-latest.jar org.h2.tools.RunScript -url jdbc:h2:puzzletimer.h2.db -user sa -driver org.h2.Driver -script csvwrite.sql

The catch is that the output only has the start and end timestamps for each solve, so you'll need to subtract one from the other to get the time. You can do this easily in Excel or whatever you're comfortable in.

Mex5150

Hi,
It's tricky but it's possible. Took me ages to figure out.
Brilliant, thanks for the guidance ;^>

I don't use Windows so I use the platform independent installer
Yup, same here, I've got Win7 installed on a VirtualBox in case of emergencies, but not needed it in ages. Everything worked OK under Linux, so all is good.

Thanks again ;^>