• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Preview of my JavaScript Timer

K073

sorry, but isn't modifying allowed? I always see people modifying other's softwares and programs on the web

K073

I read part of it and I just know it has something to do with economics and profit gaining, but I did not benefit from the act of modifying a timer(except the fact that I can now use a timer with functions that I want and need).

mazei

WCA
2009AZRA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
K073, to put it in simple terms.

You stole his work. Although its open source, he'd would like it if you had asked permission to tweak the program first. And after tweaking it a little, you call it your timer even though the whole idea of the timer, the features on it, was all blah's idea. All you did was add on things like scramble picture and a few other stuff. Although you gave some credit to him, it still doesn't solve the problem that you practically stole his work.

There's more but I can't think of it since I'm hungry. Someone else finish this, and please make is clear and simple, don't use bombastic words or beautiful literature, just put out the points.

K073

ok, never mind. Blah, it's your call, I can delete the timer from the web if you want. I'm ok with that, but I'll still be using my version.

@mazei: I did not just tweak it a little, it has lots of changes and functions added and removed, like full screen, scramble preview, new hot keys, spacebar status, full statistics etc. I'd always like black backgrounds so the timers look similar is just because of what I like and prefer.

Edward

WCA
2011KING01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ok, never mind. Blah, it's your call, I can delete the timer from the web if you want. I'm ok with that, but I'll still be using my version.

@mazei: I did not just tweak it a little, it has lots of changes and functions added and removed, like full screen, scramble preview, new hot keys, spacebar status, full statistics etc. I'd always like black backgrounds so the timers look similar is just because of what I like and prefer.

With what he just said, I suggest everyone just give up.

blah

brah
I'll take your girlfriend, give her a facelift, have her get a boob job done, and then I'll use her.

But you know what? It's perfectly okay, because now it's my version of your girlfriend, so that means I'm not using your girlfriend.

Johannes91

I'll take your girlfriend, give her a facelift, have her get a boob job done, and then I'll use her.

But you know what? It's perfectly okay, because now it's my version of your girlfriend, so that means I'm not using your girlfriend.
Just remember to give credit and mention that she was his girlfriend originally.

blah

brah

Just remember to give credit and mention that she was his girlfriend originally.
Ohyeahyourerightmybad.

Nukoca

ok, never mind. Blah, it's your call, I can delete the timer from the web if you want. I'm ok with that, but I'll still be using my
version.

Why is the timer still on the web?

It's Blah timer, and he told you to take it down and delete it. INCLUDING the copy on your computer. It's HIS intellectual property, and what you have done is ILLEGAL.