• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Please help the science of cubing by participating in this experiment

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't really tell what's happening, I can only guess, but @PetrusQuber are you sure the data will not suffer from different LL cases that adds a pretty randomly distributed times to the total time? Wouldn't it be better to only ask to measure the F2L time for those of us who use CFOP?
(please don't be mad at me if I'm totally misunderstood the entire thing).

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I can't really tell what's happening, I can only guess, but @PetrusQuber are you sure the data will not suffer from different LL cases that adds a pretty randomly distributed times to the total time? Wouldn't it be better to only ask to measure the F2L time for those of us who use CFOP?
(please don't be mad at me if I'm totally misunderstood the entire thing).
I really have no idea, I’m
a - not the person doing the experiment, we
may have completely misunderstood what
its about
b - not the person who figured out what he is
testing. I PMed @WoowyBaby, and he told
me what Mr.Roux86 was doing

Mr.Roux86

YouTube
Visit Channel
Attached below is a survey (link) that I am trying to use to find out more about how different types of scrambles work on the 3x3 puzzle. By participating, you will be contributing to cubing by helping me to find an answer to my question. Sadly, in order to make sure you aren’t trying to solve differently, I cannot tell you what is happening behind the scenes of this experiment, at least not now. The result of this research project will be released eventually, just not today. If you would like, there is also a chance to win $20 to anyone who participates. Please consider helping me out, I would greatly appreciate it, and you might just help advance times in cubing even farther.

The link is here: https://forms.gle/yTzsiCTvk3ZREsPU8

Thank you.
Too anybody who asked me questions about this, I'm sorry I did not answer. I rarely check this site, but I am processing all my data, and plan to release the results sometime soon. Thank you to everyone who showed interest, the amount of data I collected was insane and I can't thank you all enough. Thanks to the guy who found out what this experiment was about (it really isn't hard) hopefully he was able to answer the common question I got asked.

Mr.Roux86

YouTube
Visit Channel
The work is done!
I made a new thread about this, you check it out to see what this thing was all about.