• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pillowed V-Cube 6x6 and 8x8

sellingseals

how good the 6x6 might be, i will not even care the onlu thing the cubing community needs is a 6x6 that doesnt need modding and if this 6x6 is as good as they claim it is then whe have one but the major thing whe want them for is competitions. and because it is pillowes it will ( probably ) be illegal in comp

Kevin Hays has the 6x6 single and average world records which blows any other person on the planet out of the water and he uses an unmodded shengshou 6x6. How is he able to get a 1:40.xx single in competition and a very fast average as well with a cube that needs modding?

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
how good the 6x6 might be, i will not even care the onlu thing the cubing community needs is a 6x6 that doesnt need modding and if this 6x6 is as good as they claim it is then whe have one but the major thing whe want them for is competitions. and because it is pillowes it will ( probably ) be illegal in comp
It will definitely be illegal in comp.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It will definitely be illegal in comp.

The only pillowed cubes that are allowed are the pillowed 7x7s cause they where the only type of 7x7's out there before the cubic SS 7x7. But I heard somewhere that there going to stop allowing the pillowed 7x7s in a few years it might or not happen.

Last edited:

Dapianokid

the only pillowed cubes that are allowed ore the pillowed 7x7s cause they where the only type of 7x7's out there before the cubic SS 7x7. But I heard somewhere that there going to stop allowing the pillowed 7x7s in a few years it might or not happen.

Which makes the only 7x7 V-cubes make illegal in comp. No more V-7's in the cubing world xD
Springmodding a 6x6 will make it a lot better, yes, but Kevin is just mindblowing. He creams us all. Savaantistic, maybe? :p
Am I the only one ready to make all the V-8 jokes? xD

patrickcuber

the only pillowed cubes that are allowed ore the pillowed 7x7s cause they where the only type of 7x7's out there before the cubic SS 7x7. But I heard somewhere that there going to stop allowing the pillowed 7x7s in a few years it might or not happen.
if they make pillowded 7x7s illegal I will have horible 7x7 times in comp.

WCA
2010WOMA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Which makes the only 7x7 V-cubes make illegal in comp. No more V-7's in the cubing world xD
Springmodding a 6x6 will make it a lot better, yes, but Kevin is just mindblowing. He creams us all. Savaantistic, maybe? :p
Am I the only one ready to make all the V-8 jokes? xD

When I posted the link of the 8x8 on facebook some one made the joke of "Could've had a V8." It was a quote from the old V8 juice commercials like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-pyGdJCV04

yockee

YouTube
Visit Channel
When I posted the link of the 8x8 on facebook some one made the joke of "Could've had a V8." It was a quote from the old V8 juice commercials like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-pyGdJCV04
Yeah, that was me, haha.

I have multiple Rubik's brand 3x3s, and they're all better than my V-cube 5. It hurts to do more than one solve on it. True, I haven't broken in it yet, but tbh I don't really want to.

The V cube 5 is actually incredible. It takes a while to really break it in, but so what? It performs much better than the ShengShou because of the nice springy corner cutting. The SS5x5 just locks up unless you take hours to mod it, which I don't see the point when you can just have a nice 5x5 as is. No, it's not nice out of the box, but its worth the wait. However, it's the only good V cube, in my opinion, other than maybe the 2x2, and possibly the 4x4, which I haven't tried.

Last edited:

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Remember V-Cubes are making products for the mass "toy" market and not for speedcubers and in the aim of beating the Rubiks company. If one of their products is used by speedcubers, it is a bonus for V-Cubes. This attitude shows. The V-Cube 5, 6 and 7 are not adjustable when you buy them.

And you can't use the pillowed V-Cube 6b in any WCA events either. More proof that V-Cubes are not making cubes for speedcubers.

sellingseals

springmod^^

It's hard to take a MOD seriously when it's only spring exchange. New V Cubes come with many different sets of springs. Does that mean if you swap them out you've just modified the cube? No. Changing the springs on puzzles is not modding them, it's changing the springs.

YouTube
Visit Channel
My first look at the V-Cube 8 mechanism:

1520730_592285094175642_1105454462_n.jpg

Attachments

• 1520730_592285094175642_1105454462_n.jpg
    1520730_592285094175642_1105454462_n.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 41

DAoliHVAR

so why are people so excited anyway?
haven't most other v-cubes been a very expensive let down?

BrainOfSweden

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah, I don't see how I can exclusively support this cube because of that.
Easy, support the one you think is the best. If you want to support the original inventor, obviously buy both. But if you honestly think the V is the best, support that one. I often support ShengShou because they do stuff the best, not because they did it first, and I see no harm in that.