• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pierre Bouvier 3.00 Clock Single

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wait why should this result in a ban?
Because he distracted other competitors who most likely believed it was legit. Then going into the last solves they might be expecting an easy solution and are looking for what he might've done. I personally don't find a ban appropriate, I would DNF his clock solves but im he got a bad avg anyway sonidk what they could do

efattah

You can't disqualify anyone or anything unless specific rules have been broken. In some sports tactics such as trash talking other competitors are allowed. Similarly 'deceptive' tactics such as over-celebrating are allowed in some cases-- the rules need to be very clear as to what is allowed and what is not, you can't disqualify someone for something that isn't in the rules.

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can't disqualify anyone or anything unless specific rules have been broken. In some sports tactics such as trash talking other competitors are allowed. Similarly 'deceptive' tactics such as over-celebrating are allowed in some cases-- the rules need to be very clear as to what is allowed and what is not, you can't disqualify someone for something that isn't in the rules.
Yes I agree, but i do believe they should add something to the rules to cover situations like this

turtwig

Well there's this rule:

• A1c) A competitor participating in an event must be able to fulfill the event's requirements (e.g. know how to solve the puzzle). A competitor must not compete with expectation of a DNF result or an intentionally poor result. Penalty: disqualification of the attempt (DNF) or disqualification from the event (see Regulation 2j), at the discretion of the WCA Delegate.
I don't know how much it applies here, but he purposely did a DNF.

I_<3_SCS

People have been warned for excessive reactions before, especially in events like blindfolded. Don't know if anyone has actually been banned for it though.

I don't know how much more CLEAR-CUT this can GET!!!!!

I think he should be banned for disrupting competitors at a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP and INTENTIONALLY DNFing!!!!!!

turtwig

Ohh it was on purpose? I mean if it wasn't maybe he just messed up. He is pretty fast at clock

It's quite clear that he just faked a fast solve and purposely reacted a lot. The chance that it was genuinely a mistake is quite low.

Jlvs2run

It's quite clear that he just faked a fast solve and purposely reacted a lot. The chance that it was genuinely a mistake is quite low.

Actually it was 100 percent a mistake.

That reg also implies that anyone who jumps and shouts after getting good solves should be banned too

Agreed, which happens all of the time, and this is no different from that. Is there a video?