• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Petrus

Is Petrus bad?

• Total voters

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Petrus is not a bad method. Why do many people call it bad? This hurts Petrus users. When @Username: Username: said that CFOP is bad and other methods are good then many CFOP Users reacted :mad:"angry" to his post. Have Petrus Users no right to prevent their method?
haha i knew it lolololololol

You should make a vote stand for people to think is Petrus a potentially good method, Yes or No?

Edit again: also put like no preference" for people who are not really into sides. Just saying.

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
I wouldn't say people hate the method. Then again I have very little awareness of the argument itself. However, I think it's more of CFOP, Roux, Waterman etc users haven't used Petrus so think it is bad. This could be the case but then again this is my opinion of the argument.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I wouldn't say people hate the method. Then again I have very little awareness of the argument itself. However, I think it's more of CFOP, Roux, Waterman etc users haven't used Petrus so think it is bad. This could be the case but then again this is my opinion of the argument.
ikr they just think their method is better and Petrus is bad, its pretty nice.

This thread will just be about an argument of Petrus, and people fighting over if its bad, or good. Hope the Petrus stands against the haters! :)

ArbishAli

But the meme:
Or you could just use Petrus
It's not good.
They have literally made Petrus a joke and anyone doesn't take it as a method.

Mo_A2244

YouTube
Visit Channel
ikr they just think their method is better and Petrus is bad, its pretty nice.
I haven't had the time to learn it so I wouldn't know whether or not it is good or bad but overall I think the majority of cubers use CFOP then maybe Petrus and Roux.
But the meme:
Or you could just use Petrus
It's not good.
I would think people aren't being mean. It's just there opinion. Whether or not you would listen and make a fuss about their opinion is another matter but I think Petrus seems to me like it could be a good method in terms of getting good times. I remember @PetrusQuber getting 12's and 11's on his channel which is better then me using CFOP by a long shot.

However, opinions are opinions and Petrus may or may not be a good method.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven't had the time to learn it so I wouldn't know whether or not it is good or bad but overall I think the majority of cubers use CFOP then maybe Petrus and Roux.

I would think people aren't being mean. It's just there opinion. Whether or not you would listen and make a fuss about their opinion is another matter but I think Petrus seems to me like it could be a good method in terms of getting good times. I remember @PetrusQuber getting 12's and 11's on his channel which is better then me using CFOP by a long shot.

However, opinions are opinions and Petrus may or may not be a good method.

yOU nEEd PrOOf tO prOOveE tHe TiNg, YUo KnWO.

I mean it also can depend on what cubers think of "good." People might think that 12's and 11's are not really that good or maybe they might think that its really good. So i guess its kinda opinions. But opinions dont work unless you have support and proof to hold it up.

Last edited:

ArbishAli

When you said that majority of cubes use CFOP and Roux, CriticalCubing high pitched "But many speeders use CFOP" came in my mind. If majority of speedcubers use CFOP it doesn't mean that other methods are bad.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
When you said that majority of cubes use CFOP and Roux, CriticalCubing high pitched "But many speeders use CFOP" came in my mind. If majority of speedcubers use CFOP it doesn't mean that other methods are bad.
ikr its a very common misconception. Its also sad that CFOP has the most information and vids about it, Roux and Petrus, not so much. Im even suprised beinners method has more than them too.

ArbishAli

ikr its a very common misconception. Its also sad that CFOP has the most information and vids about it, Roux and Petrus, not so much. Im even suprised beinners method has more than them too.
Yes CFOP and Roux are more researched than other methods. So people think that they are the only good methods.

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
and also improvement is easy if you know what your´e doing which is a plus,
once you get a grasp of blockbuilding the slow build of more concepts comes with ease,
on top of that you could probably be sub 9 without zbll

PetraPine

YouTube
Visit Channel
if you think those posts are pointless then you are crazy lmao. Those posts are proving something and are good points.

Normal people dont just put eyes up faces to almost every post imo lol
dont worry,
he just does that to every thing i ever post,
so i ignore him lol