• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[WR] Patrick Ponce - 4.69 3x3 single

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HOPE THIS ISN'T A MISSCRAMBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, sounds like it's legit now. Apparently he couldn't reconstruct it at first, but the video proved it was the right scramble.

Congratulations to Patrick! That's straight up godly. :)
WAIT WHAT VIDEO!?!?!??!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:

turtwig

I don't get why everyone's so concerned about it being a misscramble. Based on Feliks's OH single, the usually still count misscrambles since it's not the competitor's fault, right?

Anyway, congrats to him! Before this solve, he has the fastest 3x3 solver without some kind of record.

People film their solves. It's probably not going to be uploaded to the internet until at least later today though.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congrats!! He came out of nowhere.

Out of nowhere? He has 10 (now 11) official sub-6s, a 7.11 WR10 average, and he got 3rd at Nats this year.

I get what you mean though, lol. I guess since he's from my area I know his name better than people from other places do. :p

The video is not public yet, but they checked the video at the competition.

I don't get why everyone's so concerned about it being a misscramble. Based on Feliks's OH single, the usually still count misscrambles since it's not the competitor's fault, right?

Yeah, but they found out about this one during the comp. He would've been given an extra scramble had it been a mis-scramble.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel

People film their solves. It's probably not going to be uploaded to the internet until at least later today though.
Well they didn't with collins pb single so idk if they definitely will. There's definitely precedents for both.