• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Patrick Here from Columbus/Marietta Georgia :o

Patrick M

WCA
2009MILL05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys!

I'm Patrick, originally from Columbus, Ga. I've known how to cube for about...wow 5-7 years now! But, only recently have I gotten kinda serious about it.
My krazy korean friend YongTae Lee got me into cubing. I was blown away by him solving it once, and so I got a cube and learned at home on the rubik's.com site.
He taught me some PLL's. Lots of them!

My favorite puzzle is original 3x3 cube.
My best time on my dayan Zhanchi (stickerless, lubed with lubix and tensioned rather loose) is 12.14. That's not super awesome, but I'm definitely proud of it.
My average on 3x3 is somewhere sub 20, but probably above 19. So I guess about 19.3 or so.

I'm not that great with big cubes, but since it was my birthday 4 days ago on the 19th, I ordered an 11x11. I want to be the first one to solve it OH...although someone else may have done that already. Bahaha.

The puzzle I look forward to most is the Fangshi ShuangRen. I can't wait!

Current puzzles that are coming in:
11x11, Lubix Zhanchi (stickered), Lubix Panshi (stickerless), CamCuber Zhanchi, Stickers from SubXX and 10 logos that say Sub 20, and a LED cube, and a fangshi ShuangRen.

I'm looking forward to modding my SS 4x4 and 5x5, I got those for my bday.

My favorite big puzzle right now is my black 7x7 V cube (had a SS7x7, but it fell from a height of about 3 feet and I guess landed on the corner or something - core broke right in half! I was sad. XD)

The puzzle I most recently learned how to do is Megaminx. I got a lubix megaminx, turns REALLY well compared to an old tiled one I have.

I go to college for computer programming, and have already hand made a program that generates x number of scrambles that are y length, takes in times, and gives and average. It's a pretty lame program tbh, but still proud of it.

Alright. So I've blabbed enough.
Whatsup!!!?

PianoCube

Welcome to the forum :)

11x11 OH has already been done by ben1996123 iirc, so no "first in the world" there. Sorry. Maybe you should try 11x11 feet instead? :p

PianoCube

Oh lord. I've never even done 3x3 with feet.

Challenge Considered. XD

Edit: Say hellow to my friend in Norway.

Thanks. XD

11x11 OH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AT2mNDl1gU

I wasn't 100% serious about feet, but I belive the biggest cube someone have solved with feet is 8x8.

You have a friend in Norway? Cool, but I probably don't him (her?), so it might be difficult to say hellow...

Patrick M

WCA
2009MILL05
YouTube
Visit Channel
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gvh6efp9zn3vbja/zuvwZ5szSD

That's a download to my silly program. It's a console app, and you'd probably have to install .net framework in order to run it. So it's not better than CCT, but still, it's homemade! Also, I do hope to develop better apps even to the point where its better than CCT. Yes. :D

edit:
Um. A silly note about the program: It doesn't time you yet...yeah i know pretty lame but this is my first semester of programming and I just wrote it in my free time. Sorry!

Last edited: