• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Origin Country for Speedcubers

Where do you live?

• Total voters

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01
Hey, just wondering where the majority of cubers are from. Feel free to say exactly where in these continents/countries you are from. The reason I said USA, Canada, and Mexico, and not just North America, is because that's were I felt most cubers were from and I realize now that I should have done the same with Europe..

Last edited:

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Canada, Mexico and the US are continents now? New Zealand seems to be the only place where other fits where speedcubers live. The pacific islands such as Fiji, Samoa, Niue ect. Haven't had any one complete who lives there or has citizenship and they have small populations so a WCA comp may never been held there.

Last edited:

sneaklyfox

WCA
2013HUNG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, just wondering where the majority of cubers are from. Feel free to say exactly where in these continents you are from.

I hope you realize that you're just going to get the speedsolving.com majority. It's probably going to be USA anyway, but a lot of non-English speaking cubers aren't going to be represented because they're not on the forums.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
No, they are countries, I don't see any talk of continents.
Good idea Penguin.

They're part of North America. That was a joke. He says these continent when refereeing to the poll. Why should North America be the one with all the countries mentioned, ture Asia and Europe have too many too list. But why does it say Australia instead of Oceania. There many not be many cubers in New Zealand but there are some.

Though you could be more specific instead just Europe. Western and Eastern Europe you could do the same with Asia.

Last edited:

Bunyanderman

WCA
2010SMIT01
They're part of North America. That was a joke. He says these continent when refereeing to the poll. Why should North America be the one with all the countries mentioned, ture Asia and Europe have too many too list. But why does it say Australia instead of Oceania. There many not be many cubers in New Zealand but there are some.

Though you could be more specific instead just Europe. Western and Eastern Europe you could do the same with Asia.
Ohh, I did not see that he said "Feel free to say exactly where in these continents you are from." Making the other countries in the Poll seem like continents. This is sort of a vague poll on other countries world wide.

applemobile

I've seen some stupid polls in my time, and from the knowledge I have gained, I know a stupid poll when I see one. This one is stupid.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've seen some stupid polls in my time, and from the knowledge I have gained, I know a stupid poll when I see one. This one is stupid.

I was about to say this, then I noticed you said it for me.

It doesn't help that he at different times says "where are you from?" and "where do you live?" which are different questions, and in my case have different answers.

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
I hope you realize that you're just going to get the speedsolving.com majority. It's probably going to be USA anyway, but a lot of non-English speaking cubers aren't going to be represented because they're not on the English-speaking forums.
Fixed. I know many French-speaking cubers who are on francocube.com but not on speedsolving.com, for example.

LNZ

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was born in Melbourne, Australia in March 1970. But I moved to Whyalla, SA in January 1974 and then moved to Adelaide, SA in July 1982.

On January 8, 2014, I would of been living in SA for 40 years.