• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Pyraminx Question Thread

Note

WCA
2014LUCI02
Whenever I'm doing a solve, I always seem to accidentally fiddle around with some of the tips (mostly the back tip) when I insert edges or work on the last layer, which mucks up my solve sometimes. Is anyone else having this problem? A-and should I try doing something to prevent this from happening?

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01
Whenever I'm doing a solve, I always seem to accidentally fiddle around with some of the tips (mostly the back tip) when I insert edges or work on the last layer, which mucks up my solve sometimes. Is anyone else having this problem? A-and should I try doing something to prevent this from happening?

I used too (and occasionally still) do this. I just do a ton of practice and try hard to not turn the back tip. It's worked quite well.

pyr14

WCA
2014SIME01
YouTube
Visit Channel

this seemed to happen to me a lot when i was starting out pyra. Now i don't really care about it. when i do turn it, it turns so little that it still is less than half way. Just do more pyra solves and you'll adjust to the fingertricks or the wristing for moving the pyraminx.

I

IAmEpic2004

I average around 9-10 seconds with LBL, what method? (I find V-first easier, but that's just me)

SoySauS

What do you do in Oka when you're done orienting your centers, and the edge that belongs in the slot where your "Oka Edge" is (the edge that you intentionally put in a wrong slot at the beginning of the method) is in the slot where the "Oke Edge" is? This is kinda hard to explain, sorry.

Here's pictures:

oka1.jpg

oka2.jpg

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01
What do you do in Oka when you're done orienting your centers, and the edge that belongs in the slot where your "Oka Edge" is (the edge that you intentionally put in a wrong slot at the beginning of the method) is in the slot where the "Oke Edge" is? This is kinda hard to explain, sorry.

Here's pictures:

View attachment 5208

View attachment 5209

It's a really annoying case, I would usually see it in inspection and then avoid it, by doing a different top but, You can use this: R' L' R L (Holding Yellow in front.)

YouCubing

WCA
2015JOIN01
This is a bit off topic, but it's one-answer and it's about Pyraminx, so... whenever I go to Rankings on the WCA website, select the event as Pyraminx single, the region as World, Years as all, and Show as All Persons, the rankings don't show up. Does anyone know why that is?

penguinz7

WCA
2015RAME01
This is a bit off topic, but it's one-answer and it's about Pyraminx, so... whenever I go to Rankings on the WCA website, select the event as Pyraminx single, the region as World, Years as all, and Show as All Persons, the rankings don't show up. Does anyone know why that is?

Hit the single button again.

SoySauS

Is there a way to orient the centers but leave the edges where they are? I know this seems like a strange question but I'm trying to develop a Pyraminx BLD method that isn't just "be really good at one look pyraminx".

SoySauS

Sune: R U R' U R U2'/U R'

at first i didn't get it, now I do, and I see that it's quite obvious! Permute edges, then rotate entire center so edges are solved and centers aren't. That's very cool.

you wouldn't happen to know of anything I could use to orient multiple centers at once, would you? 2 at a time would probably be best.

RjFx2

How long did it take you to get fast at 1-flip? I've been over 10 seconds for a long time now. I can do 6 seconds with lbl though.

Christmas

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just started keyhole and i average like a bit below 20seconds. Wondering if there is anything I should specifically practice/work on to be faster? I used to use lbl but i really dont like it so im determined to learn keyhole xD

Edit: Im now average 15, still need tips though :D

Last edited: