• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Olypmicube #6a

gillesvdp

I'm sorry to disagree with this 42$ thing.
Adding one layer to a cube requires to have a much more complicated rotating system than the previous system.
So I think it's more an exponential that linear relaitonship between the number of layers of a cube and its price. ;-)

Gilles.

pjgat09

As long as the price isnt $100 or above, the sides turn very well, and the puzzle is stable, I would buy one! I would love to own one, just toy play with it, even if i dont speedsolve it.

CraigBouchard

WCA
2005BOUC01
Gilles: Notice how it is exponential?!?!?!

Everyone else: It will be solved the same as any other puzzle bigger than 3x3...Centers, edges, solve as 3x3, as you get to bigger cubes you almost have to do this...Edges first starts to fail...And yes...I need one...

pjgat09

I would solve it like this:

2 opposite centers
2 other opposite centers
2 last centers
Put all the edges together
Solve 3x3
Fix Parity

I know it works, how do you think I solved a 40x40? :p

gillesvdp

Originally posted by CraigBouchard@Mar 22 2006, 11:16 PM
Gilles: Notice how it is exponential?!?!?!

Everyone else: It will be solved the same as any other puzzle bigger than 3x3...Centers, edges, solve as 3x3, as you get to bigger cubes you almost have to do this...Edges first starts to fail...And yes...I need one...
Why would Per's cage method be worse for bigger cubes than the traditional centers first method ?

dougreed

Originally posted by Scott@Mar 23 2006, 05:49 AM
because you'd have ALOT more center piece to work with i think, i dunno.
Yeah, I think you would be right if Per relied only on 3-cycles of single pieces to solve the center. But considering he doesn't 3-cycle single blocks all the time, he also cycles blocks of pieces, I think his method woudl still be very efficient.

-Doug