• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Older cubers discussions

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ao5 PB: 14.424 (was 14.593 from 2 weeks ago)

67435 24-abr-2018 19:35:04 00:13.575 L2 B2 R2 U2 R2 D R2 D' L2 U' B' R L' B D2 L B2 L' D' U2
67434 24-abr-2018 19:34:28 00:12.919 F2 D' R2 F2 R2 F2 D2 B2 F2 D' L2 F' L2 U B2 D F' D R B U'
67433 24-abr-2018 19:33:54 00:16.080 U2 F2 D2 R2 F2 U' F2 D' L2 U' L' F' R2 D2 L B' F2 U2 R' D' R2
67432 24-abr-2018 19:33:22 00:13.617 D' B2 U' R2 U R2 U2 F2 D' F2 R2 F' D' R B L' D' L2 B2 R' D2 U2
67431 24-abr-2018 19:32:47 00:16.576 R2 B2 U F2 U2 L2 D B2 L2 B' D' R B' R F' D2 L2 B D2 U2

SpartanSailor

WCA
2016DUEH02
I think it can be a potential bonus if the "replacement" alg starts from a different AUF. I don't have a /lot/ of cases I can do from two or more angles but the ones I can are awesome.
I have seen a few that look like improvements over my current OLLs and happen to be initiated from a different angle. I think I’ll begin with those because I think it’ll be less confusing to me if I treat it like a new alg rather than rewrite an existing one. Plus, if I can execute both options quickly, I may save a second here and there...

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
I have seen a few that look like improvements over my current OLLs and happen to be initiated from a different angle. I think I’ll begin with those because I think it’ll be less confusing to me if I treat it like a new alg rather than rewrite an existing one. Plus, if I can execute both options quickly, I may save a second here and there...

More bonus points when I'm looking for an alternative OLL alg: if it solves a different OLLCP case than the one I know.

auienrst

Hi guys,
not really a newcomer since I've been lurking for a long time, but yesterday I had a 3BLD success of 6min21 and I felt like bragging. I've already post my result in the blindfold accomplishment (too much sub-30 success there!), but since you are my main motivation, I though I should coming out publicly as an old cuber too :)

Anyway, for a short intro: I'm 38 years old and I have solved my first cube ~18 years ago. I recently became (moderately) addictive to cubing. I had some "old cubes" : 3x3x3, 5x5x5, megaminx, square-1 and rex cube, and recently purchased a new 3x3x3, 2x2x2, morph's egg, skewb xtreme and an axis time wheel (last 2 "centers" commutators where are to find!) . I began by solving the 3x3x3 with a strange beginner method, and since then I have tried cfop with "intuitive" F2L and ~4look LL, Petrus, Heise, and I am now a huge fan of Roux (~sub45, with some PB below 35). I'm using 2look CMLL, but the CN blockbuilding part is too slow for now.

Anyway, I'm always enjoying reading you, so keep up!
--
Edit: Oh, and I forgot, I am using OP/M2 after a short period of OP/OP, with a weird PAO scheme ;)

Last edited:

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys! Long, long time since I last posted here. Been very busy with work and, the reduced spare time I have, was devoted to my YouTube channel, doing tutorials of non-speed puzzles and, to be honest, I have stopped practising speed almost completely. I must be much, much slower by now, and I only do some casual solves maybe once a week to avoid forgetting all the OLL / PLL algs. Some of the are already fading...

This thread looks now more like a Oldies BLD thread than anything. I envy you guys and I take the chance to congratulate you all on you new comp successes and PBs. I was planning on attending Euros in Madrid but I would only compete in 3x3 and I would have to start practising again, which I would do but I just injured my left thumb and will have my hand immobilized for at least 3-4 weeks wich will leave me with 1 month to do rehabilitation and maybe 1-2 weeks to practise. Add that to 1st comp nerves and I would be paying 35 € for a streak of 5 DNFs or above 25 second solves. So now I'm reconsidering it. Anyway, if I go and some of you are there on Saturday for 1st round of 3x3 don't forget to say hello to the guy with the t-shirt with my YouTube channel logo ;-) That would be me!

I'm thinking about recording a video talking about Roux so I might need some help / advice of you Rouxers out here. @muchacho, I'm thinking about you mainly ;)

Greetings to you all and I hope I will visit more frequently from now on.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome @auienrst and well done on the 3BLD success.

Got another 4/9 but sub 54 this time so 5 mins better. Unfortunately I think most of the errors were during memo as recall was great bar the 3BLD corners. I'd solved the cube 8 corners, undid them but then completely forgot the actual memo despite it being particularly disgusting.

kbrune

WCA
2012BRUN02
This 4x4 parity alg has been driving me absolutely crazy for the last 15 minutes...

I've been trying to practice 5bld. When I got to parity for the r2 edges I decided to test if the 4x4 parity alg works on 5x5.

I messed it up. So I tried it on my 4x4 and I can not for the life of me get it to work.

To the question. If I do the parity alf twice on 4x4. it should solve itself right??? I keep ending up with half the centers off after the 2nd time.

newtonbase

Premium Member
WCA
2015ADAM03
YouTube
Visit Channel
r2
D' L' F
l' U2 l' U2 F2 l' F2 r U2 r' U2 l2
F' L D
I use this one too but it doesn't seem very efficient. My thoughts.
Firstly you can save both r2 moves if you set up your last sticker to UBr then do the parity alg without the first r2 then undo the setup. Your setups don't even have to be safe as you are only affecting 2 stickers so you can set up your U face stickers with a U move and the B side outer stickers with B moves. The only exceptions are with the r slice pieces but these are even easier.
Obviously for UBr the r2 cancels. But, as the D' L' F sets up a swap of UBr with FUr then for UFr you swap those moves for an x and for BDr it's x2. This allows for other easy setups for U side outer stickers and B face stickers.
I'm pretty sure that this works but my testing has been limited as most of it only occurred to me during my son's story time last night. Hopefully I haven't missed a basic flaw.

Or just do @mark49152's alg.