• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Older cubers discussions

openseas

WCA
2015PARK24
It's been done, but it's much harder. The basic beginner's "OP" method just uses PLL algorithms with setup moves, and it's really not that hard to learn. M2 is worth learning for edges, though.
I guess what @StanMan is referring to is solving using entirely CFOP blindfolded. It is not just eidetic memory but more about the interaction of your move & outcome, so, not impossible but it will take much longer. I know there are several folks who did entirely using CFOP but times were more than 10 minutes, I believe (somebody can correct me).

I've used to post here a lot about BLD progress but as @pglewis said, becoming more active in FB group.

Jason Green

WCA
2016GREE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I guess what @StanMan is referring to is solving using entirely CFOP blindfolded. It is not just eidetic memory but more about the interaction of your move & outcome, so, not impossible but it will take much longer. I know there are several folks who did entirely using CFOP but times were more than 10 minutes, I believe (somebody can correct me).

I've used to post here a lot about BLD progress but as @pglewis said, becoming more active in FB group.
My first and second blind attempts were successes, the only two I've had. Third attempt I only had 3 minutes left and was averaging about 6 so I solved only corners successfully. :)

Last edited:

BigDazUK

Hi all, I'm 44 from the UK. I've been on this forum nearly a couple of weeks and I've just stumbled on this old folk club :)
11 days ago I couldn't solve the cube. I'm now solving around 1:30-1:40 with my fastest at 1:13 (due to some luck).
My initial goal was under a minute, now I feel I can go much faster pretty soon.

SenorJuan

Welcome from another old UK guy. Just keep practicing, the times will fall, it's perfectly possible to get below 40 seconds with basic methods and unsophisticated turning. Then you'll need to think more about technique and methods, and usually this means learning a fair number of algorithms, but that's all part of the challenge.

muchacho

WCA
2016ALAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
After a few months of 0 practice a few weeks later I'm now getting closer to my best times at OH (which is the basically the only event I practice), still averaging around 25 seconds, but just managed to get a PB single.

1. 13.68 F2 L U2 L2 F2 L2 D B2 F2 R2 D U B' D2 U2 R2 U' L B L

I tried to reconstruct it, but no luck.
z x'
U' Uw F U M U M' U2 L U' Lw z2 // FB

narusite

Hi guys, I hope you are all doing well.
With remote working I’ve been able to cube a little more :p
Actually, I’ve been able to do longer 3x3x3 sessions. I’ve also decided to keep only 1 session in cstimer in order to see ao100 (because there is currently no way to do one session with a hundred solves in a row).
For the moment, my best ao100 is 31.5. But I’ve more and more sub-30 ao12, less over-40 solves, less CMLL errors, and sub-25 are not so scarced.
I’ve still a lot of training to do, and I know I should do more slow solves, but I feel that my sub-30 ao100 goal is near, and that makes me happy.
I can often plan FB+DR and do reconstruction. So yeah me \o/
Here is my latest sub-20.