• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] Another Older Cuber

cubework

Originally discovered the cube in 1981, like many of my generation it was the Christmas present to have. My brother and I had many attempts at solving in, but then we got a small A6 book with the beginners F2L method in, after which it was a case of getting faster

Fast forward, I've now had a change of career (redundancy) so now in a call centre. Rediscovering cubing to alleviate monotony as no paper or electronics allowed. Currently have 3x3, mirror, Revenge and megaminx that I do in spells as you may only have 5 seconds gap though sometimes a minute or two.

Not speed solving, though learning new algo's to shave time off, but mainly short moves incase I only have 5 seconds to do it.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
Originally discovered the cube in 1981, like many of my generation it was the Christmas present to have. My brother and I had many attempts at solving in, but then we got a small A6 book with the beginners F2L method in, after which it was a case of getting faster

Fast forward, I've now had a change of career (redundancy) so now in a call centre. Rediscovering cubing to alleviate monotony as no paper or electronics allowed. Currently have 3x3, mirror, Revenge and megaminx that I do in spells as you may only have 5 seconds gap though sometimes a minute or two.

Not speed solving, though learning new algo's to shave time off, but mainly short moves incase I only have 5 seconds to do it.
Welcome to the forums @cubework. It is very nice to have you here.