• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

HoshiYamazaki

Can someone upload it to the cloud and give a link here, please?
Thanks in advance

I have the same issue, I tried with Wi-Fi (my home network) and also LTE, neither works correctly and I get 30-60kB/s download.
I hope the server fail is not releated to Gan company decisions but to some server intrasfructure problems, because paying 120$ for problems like this is... oh ****.

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
And all the attempts to download will fail before I can finish the download.
I don't really understand why the update is not uploaded to the playstore immediately.
Same thing every time, previously I didn't care that much because I was still able to use the app, now I'm not.

nonoperez

I was able to download it after a lot of attempts and couldn't install it, It said the firm of the apk was untrustable or something like that (unknown sources allowed).

I know is not the end of the world, but all the weekend without using the app.

SolidJoltBlue

So, I had this issue too. It took me many attempts, but i was able to download/install. So they may have fixed whatever issue there was with the update.

nonoperez

I downloaded it again and now it works. Here is the link.

The only purpose of sharing it is helping other android users, If It's illegal to share it, please Oliver let me know and I'll remove it.

EDIT: new update in google play store, no need to share it now, removed.

Last edited:

Jhofmekler

Hi!

I've purchased a GAN i365 and downloaded the app. The cube connects and I can see that everything is working fine.

However, I cannot, for the life of me, register on the Cube Station APP.
After entering my nick name, email address and code (which I received from the automated email) I enter my password, click agree to terms & conditions and click register. I keep getting the message in the attached image (which I cannot read) preventing me from registering... Can anyone please help with the translation?

Much appreciated!

What does this mean.jpg

SolidJoltBlue

Ok, so its a bit complicated (especially since you can't read chinese). But TheCubicle's video on it was very helpful in setting up an account.

nonoperez

Testing a little new algorithms training, looks pretty good.

In my opinion there is only one important thing missing in the app: been able to choose the default orientation of the cube (in my case red side down and doesn't matter the front). I don't know if it's hard to develop, but experience in training, scramble and tutorial will be better at least for noobs like me that always solve the cube with the same color at the bottom.

Pi Family

Hello,
I have an issue with adding friends. Whenever I click on the ‘add friends’ button, Cube Station crashes. Does anyone have the same problem? Is there any known fix?

iBonhomme

hi, the Giiker has also a popularity in the market of non-gyroscopic smart cubes because Cstimer and hakatashi's timer can do Roux reconstruction and stats.
I should receive my 356i in few days and I am very sad to see that Roux is not supposed to be developed.

I have problem with bots, there is so many of them and they aren't as easy as you would think. They are kinda OP.
Every time I lose for 1 seconds or less. If i solve for 13, bot gets 12.50, if i solve for 10, bot solves for 9, etc...
Im not that fast, but I'm not slow either (I currently hold Serbian Nr for 3x3), so does anyone else have this problem?
It's just destroying my battle win percentage, I haven't got 2 wins in a row since last week

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have problem with bots, there is so many of them and they aren't as easy as you would think. They are kinda OP.
Every time I lose for 1 seconds or less. If i solve for 13, bot gets 12.50, if i solve for 10, bot solves for 9, etc...
Im not that fast, but I'm not slow either (I currently hold Serbian Nr for 3x3), so does anyone else have this problem?
It's just destroying my battle win percentage, I haven't got 2 wins in a row since last week
The bots are matched according to your level. For instance, I got bots between 20-30 seconds and I seldom wins(I am lack of consistency and drops out 30 sec frequently). I don't know if the win rate of bots are preset.

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
hi, the Giiker has also a popularity in the market of non-gyroscopic smart cubes because Cstimer and hakatashi's timer can do Roux reconstruction and stats.
I should receive my 356i in few days and I am very sad to see that Roux is not supposed to be developed.
Could you explain how giiker supports Roux? By its own application, or it can retrieve data to other software for analysis? How you can suggest GAN to do so?

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
Testing a little new algorithms training, looks pretty good.

In my opinion there is only one important thing missing in the app: been able to choose the default orientation of the cube (in my case red side down and doesn't matter the front). I don't know if it's hard to develop, but experience in training, scramble and tutorial will be better at least for noobs like me that always solve the cube with the same color at the bottom.

Your advise is good. Try to suggest it inside the app.

iBonhomme

Could you explain how giiker supports Roux? By its own application, or it can retrieve data to other software for analysis? How you can suggest GAN to do so?
Cstimer and hakatashi's timer are using Chrome browser to connect the cube. maybe you could contact developpers ?

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys I am preparing to the CES show 2020 and may not be able to reply for couple days.
I know it's not that friendly to users outside China and this time I can finally go abroad to test the application overseas!
Unstable connections and lags, poor localization, in-app bugs... I evaluate all your suggestions and don't hesitate to leave message below. Let's contribute to a better cubing community!

iBonhomme

just received mine. but "server maintenance" .....

Account name: iBonhomme
Method: Roux
Global Average: 22sec