• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] [OFFICIAL] Gan 356i discussion / software updates / issues report

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I love the cube, but..
I still get lots of DNF's in v1.2.3 unfortunately and it feels very random, sometimes I get many solves in a row without bugs, but then again I can get many DNF's in a row too.

Not sure if others have problems with this, but the new stats window after a solve is partly on top of the "scramble" button for me, which makes it quite hard to press. Would be nice if it was movable or the size adjustable.

Thought I saw somewhere that in v1.2.3 free scramble and algorithm scramble times could be deleted, but I cannot find any option for this?

nonoperez

DNF bug is still present... :(

Stats window is not on top of scramble button here. Take a look at the size of your font text or screen dpi. Device Xiaomi mi mix 2s

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-10-09-14-19-49-307_com.gan.cube.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-10-09-14-19-49-307_com.gan.cube.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 7

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Stats window is not on top of scramble button here. Take a look at the size of your font text or screen dpi. Device Xiaomi mi mix 2s
I had them on default, but making them both the smallest possible I can now see the scramble button fully. Thanks. Using huawei p20 lite.
But this makes the '-mark that much harder to spot when it's green text and blue background.
I don't keep the phone that close to my eyes when using this app for obvious reasons, would be nice if we could adjust the text color, this green on blue combo is a bit too challenging for me, especially now with the microscopic text size.

edit. actually setting the dpi alone works too, so I can keep the text a bit larger with this, but the '-mark is still hard to spot nevertheless.

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Now with the v1.2.4 I did 10 battles for testing purposes, got 7 DNF bugs and 3 solves went through normally.

The cube cannot be rotated anymore with a swipe, not even when the calibrating is on. Reset or restarting the app doesn't help either.
Also my cube is rotated 135 degrees clockwise on the screen compared to my working station, I could bypass this by turning myself 135 degrees counterclockwise towards a wall, but I'd rather have the option to swipe the cube. ;)

Still lots of chinese error messages, would be nice to know what they say!

nonoperez

Now with the v1.2.4 I did 10 battles for testing purposes, got 7 DNF bugs and 3 solves went through normally.

The cube cannot be rotated anymore with a swipe, not even when the calibrating is on. Reset or restarting the app doesn't help either.
Also my cube is rotated 135 degrees clockwise on the screen compared to my working station, I could bypass this by turning myself 135 degrees counterclockwise towards a wall, but I'd rather have the option to swipe the cube. ;)

Still lots of chinese error messages, would be nice to know what they say!

Same here, v1.2.3 was better, and something need to be done about DNF bug if they want to sell it outside china. Gan is a trustable company, but if they sell it in a global scale and thousands of user has this bug it will affect their reputation.

I'm trying to get 100 battle results to enter in global ranking, but with about 50% of DNF it's very difficult.

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi all,

The new version will come out at the end of October, probably v1.3.0.

Updates:
Add AI tutorial session;
Fix Android users "virtural cube cannot be swiped" problem.
Set in backend to upload battle result repeatly, until it successes. This should reduce DNFs.
Other bugs fixed. We continuously fix any chinese messages occured in English interface. In-app feedback is much welcomed.

Current version v1.2.4 lower the threshold of entering TOP 100 ranking by only 20 valid battle results. We still encourage more battles, as your best 20 times will be calculated every week.

We plan to build server outside China, but it takes time and I can't see estimated date right now.

I don't know how to mention @nonoperez and @Konsta so hope you can see this. Thanks for all your notes and GAN will surely keep this app updated to fit all cubers!

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
A short announcement from Gan to anyone who don't know yet:

When you open the app, you may see a Chinese message like this popping up, and here are its contents in case you clicked it off:

• Time: 10/12 22:00 ~ 10/19 22:00 GMT+8
  • Rules: You can get a ranking by having 20 valid battles this week, ranking will be your best avg 20.
  • Prize: Three people each ranking from 1~10, 11~30 and 31~100 will be draw out and have a FREE gan robot.
In 10/21, Gan will reveal who gets the robot on their WeChat.

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I forgot to report this earlier, but now that it happened to me again I might as well:

I qued to a battle, got into the battle and started scrambling, but in the middle of the scramble I was thrown to another battle, started scrambling there and started to solve, but in the middle of the solve I got DNF lose from the first battle, then soon after that I got DNF lose from the second battle.
I'm sure I pressed the match-button only once (at least this time). So 2 DNF's without being able to solve the cube.

This has happened to me few times in total. Some of the times might've been double click because of the lag that doesn't register my first touch, not entirely sure about this. But I don't think it should que you to a 2 different battle at the same time no matter how many times you press the match-button. :)

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
I forgot to report this earlier, but now that it happened to me again I might as well:

I qued to a battle, got into the battle and started scrambling, but in the middle of the scramble I was thrown to another battle, started scrambling there and started to solve, but in the middle of the solve I got DNF lose from the first battle, then soon after that I got DNF lose from the second battle.
I'm sure I pressed the match-button only once (at least this time). So 2 DNF's without being able to solve the cube.

This has happened to me few times in total. Some of the times might've been double click because of the lag that doesn't register my first touch, not entirely sure about this. But I don't think it should que you to a 2 different battle at the same time no matter how many times you press the match-button. :)
I encounter this as well, but only once or twice.

Wish Lin

WCA
2018LINW02
Just try the battle. 20 valid time is not that hard to achieve I believe.

Uh, @Olivertam ,right now I am encountering this problem to the point that I can't even finish a SINGLE battle.

Konsta

WCA
2008JUKK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just try the battle. 20 valid time is not that hard to achieve I believe.
It still requires to have 100 valid times even if it only counts the best 20, I'm at 41 right now because most of my solves are DNF's. Just got a 7.42 sec PLL skip that counted as DNF while my opponent got the win with 13.00 sec :oops:

nonoperez

There is a typo in stats, in time overview, the columns says "single/A012/A012/A100". The second one should be A05. It happens in train and battle.

Olivertam

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for the feedback and bug report. I share all thoughts to tech team and wait for their reaction.

It still requires to have 100 valid times even if it only counts the best 20, I'm at 41 right now because most of my solves are DNF's. Just got a 7.42 sec PLL skip that counted as DNF while my opponent got the win with 13.00 sec :oops:

What's your account name? @Konsta