• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Northern Irish Open 2013

MalusDB

YouTube
Visit Channel
A (but I HAVE to be drunk on St Patricks day, no choice. Would be a good excuse to get out of the holylands though and avoid the imminent madness), B or C I would say would suit me best, but I should be flexible for all dates. Depends on Uni really but I can book any week off my part time job. Just would rather it didn't coincide with deadlines etc. GO GO GO NI OPEN!!

kelseymckenna

WCA
2012MCKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks for responding everyone! :D Just another reminder to those reading this page, respond with the corresponding letters of the date/s that you can attend If you have any questions or information please let me know Thank you!
A 16 + 17 March
B 23 + 24 March
C 6 + 7 April
D 13 + 14 April
E 20 + 21 April

MalusDB

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey Kelsey, is there a particular date by which you would need to have all the "votes" in on when it would be preferable to have the comp? Might be an idea to set a deadline to make sure nobody comes along saying aww if I had realised I had to decide by now I would have said x, so now i can't go. Just a thought. :)

kelseymckenna

WCA
2012MCKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey! Everyone that has responded has said that the 6th & 7th of April are suitable so I will probably choose that date. I will leave it for the weekend, confirm with Daniel that the date is okay, then I will book the venue and announce the date :D

kelseymckenna

WCA
2012MCKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Confirmed! Northern Irish Open 2013

Greetings! The venue has been booked for the Northern Irish Open 2013!

A room in the Ballymoney Town Hall is booked for the 6th & 7th April (Saturday and Sunday).
The venue is approximately 45 minutes away from the Belfast International Airport by train. The price is approximately £10 for a one way ticket.

http://tinyurl.com/niopentravel - this allows you to plan your journey from the airport to Ballymoney.

Ballymoney is close to lively towns such as Coleraine, which has a cinema, restaurants etc. - almost a city. In addition, the venue is fairly close to the Giants Causeway and other tourist attractions that may interest some of you; this may interest any parents that are bringing younger competitors. Accommodation can be found in the area.

If you have any questions, email me at: [email protected] or ask on the thread.
Information will be available here in the future: UKCA

Kelsey.

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
what rail company is use in the north? I wanna see which would be cheaper flying to belfast and getting the train or train-ing the whole way.

Also, Any idea if an irish student card works up there?

Last edited:

r_517

Premium Member
WCA
2009WANG19
what rail company is use in the north? I wanna see which would be cheaper flying to belfast and getting the train or train-ing the whole way.

Also, Any idea if an irish student card works up there?

My student travel card used to work in NI for some tour bus services run by Ulsterbus which is a part of Translink, but I heard my friend's card was rejected later when he used Translink service. Anyway just bring it with you:p

BillyRain

Premium Member
WCA
2012JEFF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am BLATENTLY going to the belfast docks to see where Titanic was built/visit the museum/see the SS nomadic.

Anyone care to join? Not sure when... may have to stay an extra day to do this.

PS. I am looking for a room mate for hotel and stuff. If anyone needs someone to share with let me know!

Last edited: