• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Speed Stacks Timer (v4)

megaminxwin

Current Clock NR Holder
WCA
2010MACA01
I'm probably gonna get this. My old timer is dead, and this one is a nice incremental upgrade without introducing something stupid. Also, it looks incredibly cool.

The WCA mat looks godawful though, I'll probably get a different one of those.

DTCuber

1w3playZ

WCA
2014MARS05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Those mats look pretty cool!

I think that this will be an awesome timer. The curved screen and angled pads make it look really futuristic!

Yeah! I wonder if this Voxel Glow mat will become the new standard mat design? The pads kind of look like it.
Also, checking SpeedStacks.com, they seem to be selling Voxel Glow mats as standards, which is weird. Maybe trying to get rid of them before this release?

cuber8208

WCA
2012GOOD02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just got mine, the display is really crisp and the curved numbers don't take much time to get used to, you don't really feel the "inward" facing of the hand posture as most people seemed to think you would from the pictures but the side of the sensors closer to the fingertips slopes down a little. This feature is really ergonomic and seems to give a more relaxed start to solves by allowing the fingers to bend slightly as you start the timer instead of being completely flat. The five small rubber feet underneath also grip very well. The lights do not blind you unlike the QJ timer lights.

xchippy

It's like the same as the v3 except the angled hands, which would be different and might cause an advantage or disadvantage. I don't think it should be added to the regulations

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's like the same as the v3 except the angled hands, which would be different and might cause an advantage or disadvantage. I don't think it should be added to the regulations

There are other significant changes, such as the type of battery, and resets/hitting the power button being harder to hit. The angled pads aren't a huge deal I don't think.