• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New MoYu 5x5x5

~Adam~

WCA
2011GREE03
Hopefully it's not another V-Cube KO

Define KO.
It will likely be based off of the AoSu which is very similar to the X - cube which was apparently a KO of the V-cube 4 (which didn't exist) but when it was released it had the alignment mech from the X.

Don't expect this cube to be a break through in technology just a different version ( and hopefully much better) of the V-5.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hopefully it's not another V-Cube KO

If it is by your definition no ones cares who a, speedcuber(there might be one or two but the vast majorly don't care). It about the performance of a cube rather than whether it's a KO or not.

My guess is it will be an AoSu with the hidden layer not internal. Since it a 5x5 with a hidden layer inside it. As most even big cubes are.

GnaCuber

I'm wondering if the first syllable of the names of Moyu's puzzles tell us the mechanism... If so, the AoChuang would have roughly the same mech design as the AoSu. To confirm this, can anyone tell me if there are any similarities of the mech of the WeiSu and WeiLong?

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
I'm wondering if the first syllable of the names of Moyu's puzzles tell us the mechanism... If so, the AoChuang would have roughly the same mech design as the AoSu. To confirm this, can anyone tell me if there are any similarities of the mech of the WeiSu and WeiLong?

If I'm right, Wei means power, and Su and Long mean 'speed' and 'dragon' respectively. So I don't think the name has anything to do with the mechanism. Power dragon is pretty cool though.

Ao means proud.

yoinneroid

WCA
2010UTOM01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I see more resemblance between aosu and weilong than weisu and weilong

piyushp761

WCA
2013PASS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

It probably will resemble the AoSu. Just like the Shengshou 5x5 is similar to the Shengshou 4x4. Also the AoSu is based upon the weilong so both have similar looking mechanism. The WeiSu doesn't resemble the weilong that much!

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Tbh a well modded ss 5x5 does the job just fine. I cant come up with anything I'd need more in a 5x5. Mine doesnt pop, it corner cuts, its fast. Inner layers can rarely lock up a bit if im inaccurate. I'd like to see a cube that tops that.

D

Deleted member 19792

Is there a chance you can design a 15 sliding puzzle?