• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

5x5x5 Moyu Aochang problems

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
As my first 5x5 this Christmas I got the new Moyu cube. I heard about the great Moyu Aochang that everyone seems to say is the best cube ever. But as soon as I open the box, the cube is extremely stiff! It was so ridiculous that a few turns would tire me out. I felt like I was using a very bad rubiks brand. I was hoping it was normal out of the box and maybe had to be very broken in, so I did a few thousand turns in the next couple days. It's slightly better but it still is very bad and can corner cut a whopping 10 degrees!...

So, has anyone else experienced this problem, is my cube a dud or something? This thing was $35. Also, anyone have any clue as to what could be the problem? I'm hoping it's just a tensions problem so I could just loosen them a bit.

Last edited:

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
I'll put pictures tomorrow, assembled and taken apart. It came in a Moyu Aochang box, and the pieces seem Moyu-ish I guess... But um, there is one small problem I noticed yesterday. The stickers are replaced ones, I looked up and found they are replaced stickers from cubicle us... I noticed because the Moyu logo is gone and there's a Z on the middle white sticker... anyway I'll show pictures.

NewCuber000

WCA
2014BOUD01
2014-12-30 10.04.56.jpg
2014-12-30 10.13.34.jpg
2014-12-30 10.08.13.jpg
2014-12-30 10.10.01.jpg

I attached some pictures, looking at the core I'm assuming they sent me the right cube (Tell me otherwise) but I noticed that the core is strangely slow, I'm going to check the screws for problems.

Last edited:
WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
Visit Channel

Chree

WCA
2013BROT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's an AoChuang, alright. It looks really dirty though. You'd probably benefit from cleaning it out and relubing it. If the core feels bad, you should also disassemble the whole thing, screws and all, and make sure there aren't any loose shards of plastic stuck anywhere. I had that with both my Aofu and Weisu and it slowed them down a lot. Just be careful when putting it back together after that. You certainly don't want to strip the core.

Last edited: