• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] New Member From the USA

Deadloxz

Hey guys! I am a new-ish speedcuber from the USA. 2 Christmas' ago I got a Rubik's brand cube in my stocking and became obsessed with solving it. I watched tons and tons of tutorials on how to solve it with the beginners method. I improved rapidly after learning how to solve it and was averaging around 35 seconds with beginners method. I learned CFOP with 4 look last layer and intuitive f2l. I eventually dropped my times down to sub 20 and I was so happy. I learned how to solve 2x2 and 4x4. I stopped cubing around a year ago because I started basketball season and was not super interested in speedcubing. just a few weeks ago i started solving my 3x3 which is a thunderclap v2 and just thoroughly enjoyed it. Since then one of my friends let me borrow his Gan 356 X and I love it! My times are only at 22-25 seconds but I am having a ton of fun improving back to my old times.

Deadloxz

I used it for a long time actually and when I started averaging 35 seconds with beginners method i switched to a mf3rs and I actually still love that cube. I finally got my hands on a Gan 356 air magnetic when a friend let me borrow it , and man, it’s just insane.

Deadloxz

Welcome to the forum, @Deadloxz I really want to average under 30 but I can’t get sub 30s consistently. Could you possibly help
Yes, of course I can help you as much as i can. What helped me the most was f2l efficiency. Watch videos on how to do hard cases efficiently, try finding a matching edge and corner and solve the case blindfolded. Practice cross over and over again, you should be able to do it in 2-4 seconds at most. Again, solve the cross blindfolded it will help a ton. In the last layer do not rotate use U and U' to recognize the case. Drill your algs and make sure you are using a decent speedcube. Use four look last layer you don't need to learn full pll till about sub 20. Trust me, sub 30 is not extremely difficult and when you finally achieve it you will feel amazing.

Deadloxz

Welcome! You’re actually more experienced than me to be honest... Lol :)
Lol I feel like you get more respect points for using Petrus and about as fast as me. I know its a great method but there is not a ton of information on the internet about Petrus as compared to CFOP or even Roux so the fact you are sub 27 is pretty epic.

Last edited:

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
Yes, of course I can help you as much as i can. What helped me the most was f2l efficiency. Watch videos on how to do hard cases efficiently, try finding a matching edge and corner and solve the case blindfolded. Practice cross over and over again, you should be able to do it in 2-4 seconds at most. Again, solve the cross blindfolded it will help a ton. In the last layer do not rotate use U and U' to recognize the case. Drill your algs and make sure you are using a decent speedcube. Use four look last layer you don't need to learn full pll till about sub 20. Trust me, sub 30 is not extremely difficult and when you finally achieve it you will feel amazing.
Thanks so much!