• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New magic Promo with Rubik's Cube by Federico Soldati

Freddy88

Hi everybody,

so I finally uploaded my magic Promo.
I did a lot of changes since last time and I hope you will like my video.
I would appreciate to read your opinions.

Best regards to everybody!

Federico

[youtubehd]TwHWvazgazI[/youtubehd]

Last edited:

CuberN00b

They're awesome. Real awesome. A nice blindsolve speed.
Did you use M2?
And you don't peek? Based on the video, you don't :D

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Very nice video! Looks nice and professional. Too bad I bet most of your viewers will think the blindsolve was just an illusion ;)

How did you do the instant-solve trick?

A real magician never reveals his secret.
You sure you wanna know?
Really sure? You won't enjoy that trick once you know.
Last chance... This is a real spoiler.
OK, so the way it works is that 5 sides of the cube (all but yellow) are stickered normally, and the yellow side is instead covered in a random arrangement of stickers. Before the trick the magician performs a bunch of moves on a cube like that to "scramble" it. Then the magician solves the cube, while holding it so you can only see that one messed up face. He throws it up in the air, and catches it in such a way that the messed up face is against his hand. Then, the magician shows you the 5 solved faces (but of course, not the one other face which still look scrambled), so it looks like the cube suddenly transformed from scrambled to solved.

Nate Greene

its a cube with only 5 sides solved and one side is stickered scrambled. so he did like 6 moves to scramble it, showed viewers that it was scrambled. then he reversed those six moves and made it so you could only see the scrambled side, then threw it up and caught it so you could see that side. notice in the video he only shows five sides at the end and keeps the scrambled stickered side covered.

Freddy88

Ah ah :)… Nate, "thank you" for revealing my magic trick.
The new improved version of this trick does use some magnetic stickers on the last face, so that after the throw you can actually palm the stickers and
show the whole scrambled cube and even give it out to be checked.
To be honest I never show that magic trick since I can solve the cube in 20 seconds and that's far more impressive for people, than seeing a rubik's cube solve himself by magic in the air.

Just that you know guys, no camera tricks was used. Every trick was really executed the way it looks.

And yes, I really did the Rubik's Cube blindfolded. I used M2-Old Pochmann. Here you can see the whole video:

Last edited by a moderator: