• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Member Intro] New Cuber Here!

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Wow! That must be hard, right?
Its hard to get the first success. I got mine in 2014, 6 years after I learnt how to solve a cube.

But once you get the momentum going, 5BLD is one of the most rich and creative events out there, with tons of areas to optimize and improve in. Its just too deep of an event, which is why many cubers don't main it, and go for 3x3 or 2x2 which are good short term projects (you can get world class with few years of practice).

Neatcubing

Its hard to get the first success. I got mine in 2014, 6 years after I learnt how to solve a cube.

But once you get the momentum going, 5BLD is one of the most rich and creative events out there, with tons of areas to optimize and improve in. Its just too deep of an event, which is why many cubers don't main it, and go for 3x3 or 2x2 which are good short term projects (you can get world class with few years of practice).
I see. I think i would probably start on BLD after i reach sub 10 or 12 on 3x3 because i just can't memorise the letters. Being able to do 5BLD does seem pretty cool though