• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] New cube suggestions

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello guys,

So I have been wanting to upgrade my sad Rubik's brand cube for something. I get about 58 seconds and I know like half of the PLL and half beginner OLL. My budget is 10 dollars, and I have my eye on the Yuxin Little Magic. Could any of you guys give me a point in the right direction?

Thanks,
Spacey10

Last edited:
Hello guys,

So I have been wanting to upgrade my sad Rubik's brand cube for something. I get about 58 seconds and I know like half of the PLL and half beginner OLL. My budget is 10 dollars, and I have my eye on the Yuxin Little Magic. Could any of you guys give me a point in the right direction?

Thanks,
Spacey10

For a beginner, the Yuxin Little Magic is a great option to start with, I've used it when I am approaching sub-30, sub 20 till sub 16(ish). My suggestion is to buy the magnetic version altogether for a couple more dollars and it can compete with lots of mid-range cubes.

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
For a beginner, the Yuxin Little Magic is a great option to start with, I've used it when I am approaching sub-30, sub 20 till sub 16(ish). My suggestion is to buy the magnetic version altogether for a couple more dollars and it can compete with lots of mid-range cubes.
I am looking to save money, so do you think I should buy a magnetic conversion set?

its a good cube, but in my opinion, for a beginner, you need a faster, pops less and a cube that doesnèt drain your lube. also, the stickers on the little magic tend to be very weak. i have one, used it for one month and my red stickers are ruined. i recommend the fangshi guanying

Mike3451

WCA
2019LINJ06
My experience with the Little Magic when I was averaging around 35 was pretty great. However, after like a month of use, some of the stickers started to peel and fall off. I've heard that the YuXin Kylin V2 M is really good and it is like $9.95 on SpeedCubeShop. It doesn't have stickers, so it can't peel, and it is magnetic. By the way, the YuXin Kylin V2 M has tiles that look like stickers.

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you guys!

I was wondering about the stickerless version, because on speedcubeshop, the reviews said that stickers were trash, so if you guys consider that, that would be awesome.
Another question, is the Kylin V2 magnetic? And also, what is the difference between the Kylin and little magic?

Thanks, Spacey 10

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you guys!

I was wondering about the stickerless version, because on speedcubeshop, the reviews said that stickers were trash, so if you guys consider that, that would be awesome.
Another question, is the Kylin V2 magnetic? And also, what is the difference between the Kylin and little magic?

Thanks, Spacey 10
Oops, just saw that it is magnetic, sorry, but still, my other question remains, what is the difference between the Kylin V2 and the little magic? (Without the magnetic and non magnetic difference )

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it magnetic?
Yep, M means magnetic most of the time ;)
Welcome!

Also, honestly, I think you could get any of the cubes mentioned and it’ll be fine, and way better than a Rubik’s Brand. The Huxin Little Magic is quite good, get stickerless though. Other cubes like the Yulong V2 M, Kylin V2 M, etc are also really good. I recommend watching some videos on budget cubes.

I'm A Cuber

I have a Kylin V2 M and my friend has a yulong, and they are about equal. However, I think the Qiyi MS is probably a better option, given that it is also $8, magnetic, and (supposedly) as good as more expensive cubes

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a Kylin V2 M and my friend has a yulong, and they are about equal. However, I think the Qiyi MS is probably a better option, given that it is also $8, magnetic, and (supposedly) as good as more expensive cubes
Oh, I forgot about the MS, lots to take into consideration now :)

brr_ya

Yeah I would get the Qiyi Ms.
It seams that people who like the Kylin V2 hate the Yulong V2 and vice versa but everyone seems to like the MS