• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New Channel Announcement: ButteryCubes!

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm wondering for other people who want to buy from lets say china or someplace else, is there a thread that lists the most reliable stores online you can use to buy puzzles? It can benefit the community.

rubik2005

I'm wondering for other people who want to buy from lets say china or someplace else, is there a thread that lists the most reliable stores online you can use to buy puzzles? It can benefit the community.
This one?

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
As the GAN 11M Pro thread turns into a war, we have Sub1Hour change his profile picture again (no surprise there) and new members have joined! rubik2005 changed his profile picture to the dude from Elf, even though it's the end of January. Does he forget leap year 30 times? Want to be part of SS GOSSIP? Look in the off topic section to find the thread! Stay tuned for the SS GOSSIP OF FEBUARY!
LMAO keep it going

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
cubezz and ziicube have generally been reliable. both sites often have old cubes still in stock and have newer releases a few days before TC and SCS announce them. HKnowstore (HK not China) I believe is very reliable, has good customer service, and has many cool non WCA puzzles in stock.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's some entertainment: a user by the name of Maxwell Blancmange got mad he couldn't hear the difference in the sounds of my speedcubes in my speedcube sound comparison and presumably went through all my videos and disliked them! lmao

The original comment is gone now even though I didn't remove it. Youtube works in mysterious ways.
edit: I'm more concerned if youtube is randomly removing comments than actual negative comments themselves. I don't engage in censorship.

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought about making videos on my own method for solving puzzles. Like what other youtubers do but retrospectively instead of during the solving process. What do you guys think

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought about making videos on my own method for solving puzzles. Like what other youtubers do but retrospectively instead of during the solving process. What do you guys think
I think it’s be good. I know from other threads you’ve dedicated time to developing methods which many people don’t ever attempt and you had that big long list of 2x2 algs which obviously took a lot of intentional thought. I’m sure you’d have some interesting things to say about your process.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it’s be good. I know from other threads you’ve dedicated time to developing methods which many people don’t ever attempt and you had that big long list of 2x2 algs which obviously took a lot of intentional thought. I’m sure you’d have some interesting things to say about your process.

yeah that 2x2 list was mostly from using the 2x2 version of cube solver (idk if it can handle more complicated things like restricting moves to use or generating longer than the shortest possible algs) and messing around with alg.cubing.net

my methods are very elementary, but that is probably an advantage for videos since then they will be easier to digest. the issue is that I don't think I have a solid enough understanding of alg creation yet.

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Topics that would've been long forum posts in the past, like my idea for finding stats of average cross movecount based on white only or color neutral, or how to setup a kilomimx, may become videos. I hope this doesn't turn anyone off because I know text is a lot easier to read than having to sit through my videos, though for some, text may be boring to read.

Music would make the videos a lot less boring. I like the style of not using music in my videos, though I guess that music makes people much more likely to stay on the video and not click away.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I can say for sure there is no consistent upload schedule after my semester has started up again.
Sorry to my 20 some subscribers, many of whom have probably forgotten already that they subscribed - even videos of mostly unedited footage still takes a conscious effort to sit down and film/produce.

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
Well I can say for sure there is no consistent upload schedule after my semester has started up again.
Sorry to my 20 some subscribers, many of whom have probably forgotten already that they subscribed - even videos of mostly unedited footage still takes a conscious effort to sit down and film/produce.
that is why i gave up yt.
hope you figure something out!

• Sad
Reactions: qwr