• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

New 3x3 avg wr

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've never heard of Erik, but he's awesome!

I've not heard of Erik until I asked Phil Thomas about 2x2 on Gabbasoft like 3-4 months after I started cubing, LOL.

Which fast cubers have you heard about?
Back then, I only knew about Chris Hardwick, Tyson Mao, and Harris Chan.
But I found this site through Macky's and Erik's sites.

Now Erik has the single and average. What was the last time that happened? Nakajima? Before that?

Last edited:

bundat

Nakajima has been thrown off his throne, both of them. :D
Is his age is finally over, and it's Erik's now? :)

byu

WCA
2009YUBR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nakajima will make a comeback, I'm sure. Sometime this year or next year, he will amaze the whole cubing world with a sub-11 average and a sub-7 single. I refuse to believe that Nakajima is no longer King of Cubing.

EDIT: Michal Halczuk also beat Michael Gottlieb's previous 7x7x7 WR.

EDIT 2: Nakajima had 293 days of holding the average. How long will Erik hold it?

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nakajima will make a comeback, I'm sure. Sometime this year or next year, he will amaze the whole cubing world with a sub-11 average and a sub-7 single. I refuse to believe that Nakajima is no longer King of Cubing.

He's still the World Champion. I wouldn't be too surprised if he got a sub-11 average, but sub-7 single would be crazy. Even at Nakajima's speed it would have to be either really easy or really lucky.

EDIT: Michal Halczuk also beat Michael Gottlieb's previous 7x7x7 WR.

And Dan Cohen's 6x6x6 WR.

Gparker

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've never heard of Erik, but he's awesome!

I've not heard of Erik until I asked Phil Thomas about 2x2 on Gabbasoft like 3-4 months after I started cubing, LOL.

Which fast cubers have you heard about?
Back then, I only knew about Chris Hardwick, Tyson Mao, and Harris Chan.
But I found this site through Macky's and Erik's sites.

Now Erik has the single and average. What was the last time that happened? Nakajima? Before that?

Yes, Nakajima was the lst one to hold it, and i think before that it was Eduward Chambreon( i know i didnt spell it right) and hes from france, he used to have the single before Nakajim.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Indeed. The only people to ever hold the 3x3 single and average WR at the same time were Shotaro Makisumi (got both at Caltech Winter 2004 and Caltech Spring 2004), Edouard Chambon (got both at Murcia Open 2008), Yu Nakajima (got both at Kashiwa Open 2008), and Erik Akkersdijk (single was at Czech Open 2008, held it until he got the average at Benelux Open 2009). So actually Erik seems to be the only person to have held both the single and average at the same time, who DIDN'T get them both in the same competition.

BigSams

i read somewhere that erik made a new method and that he is learning it. i think it was on jason baum's zbf2l update. he said something like "i will also post when i learn big parts of my method too". this might be the effect of his new method. i couldnt find info on it anywhere, but now he might let the secret out..