• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

need ideas ( cube timer )

ahmedkl

I was thinking of making a cube timer on my own so i want some ideas how it should look like and what functions it should have?hopefully in less then a week i will complete it :rolleyes:

Metallor

start and stop using the ctrl buttons instead of the spacebar, like a stackmat

ahmedkl

I haven't used a stackmat can you explain a bit more ? you mean the start and stop using the left ctrl and right ctrl buttons?

Metallor

i havent either but what i mean is:
press both ctrl buttons
when you release one (or both) the timer starts
timer cant stop until both buttons are depressed

so that stops you from pressing the spacebar to stop while holding the cube in your other hand

freshcuber

WCA
2011MURR02
Using the Ctrl buttons is something to consider but does anyone else think that's a fairly small target if you're rushing for a new PB or something? I think a lot of cubers would be upset if time was added cause they missed the button. I do think it's a good idea since I do hit space bar with one hand while still holding my cube with the other 99% of the time lol

scylla

WCA
2006kasp02
all cubetimer.com properties

plus

possibility to download the results in a file

and/or

store your historie

ahmedkl

yes i am gona make it a desktop application with the times to be saved in a text file
apart from that which Operating System do you people use ?

Last edited:

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ask yourself: "Why do I want to write this timer?"

There are plenty of timers out there. If you want to compete with them, you have to keep up with them and offer better features that users actually want.
Chances are, most of those ideas have been discussed, in which case asking what people want isn't really going to help.

Now, if this is just a small side project, just start coding and don't worry. Coding experience is generally good.