• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Need contributors for the Cüber Dictionary!

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
It's seems quite hard. How do you even define a pop? It sounds easy but the wording is tricky...

when one or more cubies slips out of position during a solve frequently because of turn being too far outside of the standard range of motion that will allow corner cutting. It is so named for the noise that it makes when it occurs or how the cubie "pops" out of its position

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Great idea! Unfortunately, I have not much time to deal with formatting so I would left my suggestions there.

n-Look: the amount of steps n it takes to solve a certain part of the cube.
Not sure if it is correct. For example, one-look solve means executing all steps without pauses, it could be more than one step.

Color scheme: A set of stickers applied to a cube in a specific order based on what color is opposite of or adjacent to another color.
Color scheme is not a set of stickers in the first place, I think.

Speedcuber: A person who solves puzzles as quickly as possible.
mmm... what? :D

Valk, Mats: Dutch speedcuber, world record holder for 3x3x3 single,
former

___
Consider adding terms from BLD such as threecycle, loci method etc.

Good luck with releasing the dictionary!

Ranzha

Friendly, Neighbourhoodly
WCA
2009HARN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why aren't entries in alphabetical order?
I've requested editing access.

Anti-Sune: The mirror of Sune.
Alternatively: The mirror or inverse of Sune.

BLD: A WCA event. Stands for BLindfoldeD. The participant has some time to memorize and then some time to solve blindfolded.
Alternatively: Blindfolded, esp. 3x3 Blindfolded. A category of WCA events where the competitor starts the timer, memorises the puzzle(s), applies the blindfold, and solves the puzzle(s) before stopping the timer.

CFOP: A 4-step method that is the most common advanced method. The name comes from the steps: Cross, F2L, OLL, and PLL.
Alternatively: The most common advanced method for 3x3. An initialism formed from its steps: Cross, F2L (or Four Slots), OLL, PLL.

Some serious considerations need to be made in order to make this dictionary a viable place. I think I can help.

WCA
2013BARK01
Some entries in the dictionary that need fixing:

Anti-Sune: The mirror of Sune.
Some people don't really like the lefty sune. Also, "mirror" isn't an undefined term in cubing.
Anti-Sune: The mirror or inverse of Sune.

Beginner LBL: Yada yada yada or 2) OCLL, corner PLL, and EPLL. It is the most common beginner method used, and each last layer variation uses different algorithms, although variation 2 is more like CFOP. Can be used to solve 2x2x2. Can be used with big cube reduction.
Okay, I won't even mention all of the entries that need to be made such as "big cube". What is bugging me about this one is that right before it says "corner PLL" it says "CPLL". We shouldn't have these inconsistencies.

BTW don't normal dictionaries have parts of speech by the thingies?

Ok just give me editing abilities already lol

Edit: 3/4 of the entries under Z are wrong in some way.
Zemdegs, Felix:
*facepalm* I think he is tired of the noobs calling him that. Now someone puts it in an official looking dictionary. I think he deserves a break.

ZBLS: An F2LL method in which the last R U R’ case F2L pair/slot and the last layer edges are oriented, resulting in one of 7 cross OLL cases. Also known as edge control. Stands for Zborowski-Bruchem Last Slot. Not to be confused with VHLS. (meh not really caring about bolding the things)
Last time I checked ZBLS wasn't a subset of VHLS. It's supposed to be the other way around. ZBLS is for all of the F2L cases, not just R U R'. Seems like it's copied from the SV one and slightly modified.

ZBLL: A 494-algorithm last layer method that orients and permutes the last layer simultaneously. Stands for Zborowski-Bruchem Last Layer.
Alright, I guess that's true, but it's misleading. The edges have to be oriented. Isn't that worth mentioning?

Last edited:

molarmanful

WCA
2015PANG02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alright, guys. I've added anyone who wants to contribute. Note that some of the entries are pretty outdated (ex.: Mats Valk) because most of them haven't even been updated since last year (back when I was still a noob :p)... Thanks to all y'all who are willing to help out!

martinss

Alright, guys. I've added anyone who wants to contribute. Note that some of the entries are pretty outdated (ex.: Mats Valk) because most of them haven't even been updated since last year (back when I was still a noob :p)... Thanks to all y'all who are willing to help out!

"Point out errors, raise concerns, give suggestions, and ask questions using comments ONLY. Either another contributor or the owner, Benjamin Pang, will act accordingly."
Do we need an editing acces to use comments ?