• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Story of Improvement | Taking a short break

What should I name this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I should probably update you guys on what is happening with Megaminx recently, because it is pretty crazy. Yesterday I FINALLY got a sub 1 single on mega, but that isn't the crazy part. Today I started solving and I was getting CRAZY times, including some sub 1's. I don't know why my times dropped all of a sudden, but then I got a 51 SINGLE AND 58 AO5 OUT OF NOWHERE!!!

BradyLawrence

WCA
2019LAWR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Since I started doing FMC attempts a week ago, I'll just get everyone up to speed on what skills I learned. Last week I focused on block building techniques and did 5 attempts. My best was 38 moves, my worst was 47 moves, and I averaged about 43. I am currently in the middle of doing NISS
(normal inverse scramble switch) attempts. I am going to do 5 without block building in order to get used to using NISS. Next week I will combine NISS and Block building techniques and do 5 more attempts, and after that I will learn a different skill.

Also, if anyone wants to race me to any of the goals mentioned above let me know! :)
I'll race you to sub-15 Sq1 :)

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry I haven't been updating lately. I've improved a little bit at megaminx and OH, but I had school and other things going on. I'm going to set some new goals that I want to reach by the end of the year.

3x3: Sub 9 global, hopefully if I put some work into 3x3 and heed the advice I'm going to get from @Micah Morrison's solve critique I can get sub 9.
4x4: 34 global, not super difficult, the trick is practicing 4x4 enough.
5x5: 1:03 global, again, not too difficult, I just have to practice.
6x6: 2:05 global, this might be tough.
7x7: 3:20 global, I'm not happy with my current average so this will be one of the events I focus on.
OH: 15 global, if I can improve my turning some more I'm sure this is reachable.
Megaminx: 55 global, I like megaminx a lot so I will be more motivated to practice.
Pyraminx: 3.5 global, tbh this is pretty easy, I just need to do like 1000 solves since TPS is the only thing I need to work on at this point.
Square-1: 15 global, my turning needs work and I should probably learn some more algs.
Clock: 15 global, this is just going to come down to practice.
3BLD: 2:00, if I get back into this event and work on memo this shouldn't be that bad.
FMC: 35 global, not hard at all.
Big blinds and multi: Do them.
2x2 and skewb: Practice them at least a little.

Hopefully I can reach these goals!

Nmile7300

WCA
2019MILE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Week 9 is out! This week I didn't have a lot of time to practice, but I still made some improvement. For megaminx, I started developing a more fluid solve style which dropped my times about a second. For OH I got my average to be sub 16.5 consistently, but I am getting tired of it, so this week I will be swapping OH with Square-1, while still lightly practicing OH and other events. I will still be focusing megaminx and I think that this week I can finally get sub 1 if I practice enough. For Square-1 my goal is to be sub 18 consistently in 2-3 weeks. I can't wait to improve some more!