• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

my quest??? (Day 1)

moh_33

So people have quests for getting sub x with the method they are using.

So my quest starting from now...

IS NOT GETTING SUB X WITH WHATEVER METHOD IM USING

What my quest will be is:
To learn every single method on the 3x3 cube

I will start with Speedcubing and beginner methods.

Methods that i know how to do:
-beginner method (cross first)
-Cfop
-Roux
-Petrus

pls give me more methods and tutorials on how to do them because i dont know what to learn next (maybe i'll do corners first...)

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Why? Practicing with a bunch of methods is completely useless. It's good to know how to do them, but what's the point in practicing Belt method? If it's objectively worse than something like CFOP then there's no point in learning it. Also there's hundreds of methods, so it'll be impossible to speed solve them all. There's also 0 tutorials on anything other than the methods you mentioned(maybe you'll find a couple obscure tutorials like WarriorCatCuber's Waterman tutorial, but those are rare), so you just have to go on the wiki and read the rough outline of the steps, so unless you're very familiar with the cube then you'll never be able to understand most of them.

I'm not gonna even comment on you listed LBL, CFOP, Roux, and Petrus but leaving out ZZ.

If you still want to do this then there's a page on the wiki with a list of the most common methods

moh_33

Why? Practicing with a bunch of methods is completely useless. It's good to know how to do them, but what's the point in practicing Belt method? If it's objectively worse than something like CFOP then there's no point in learning it. Also there's hundreds of methods, so it'll be impossible to speed solve them all. There's also 0 tutorials on anything other than the methods you mentioned(maybe you'll find a couple obscure tutorials like WarriorCatCuber's Waterman tutorial, but those are rare), so you just have to go on the wiki and read the rough outline of the steps, so unless you're very familiar with the cube then you'll never be able to understand most of them.

I'm not gonna even comment on you listed LBL, CFOP, Roux, and Petrus but leaving out ZZ.

If you still want to do this then there's a page on the wiki with a list of the most common methods
welp ur right but i wanted to do this so that i can understand more of th 3x3 cube
1.yes i know that there is thousands of methods to solve the 3x3 but i want to learn at least 20 methods and if i can 50 methods.

2.its not really that pointless to me cuz i just want to have fun

3. I forgot about ZZ (my mistake...)

4.if i dont really feel like it i might quit the quest at 10 methods

5.i dont want to speed solve them all i just want to learn about them...

6.you got a good point on why its impossible...

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

Probably just for fun

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
You got that one right XD

Oh and also anyone know what a Xcross is? i literally dont know....

an Extended Cross (XCross) is where you simultaneously solve the cross and an F2L pair. However, it's typically done blockbuilding-style, like a 2x2x2 would be in Petrus. A Cross+1 would be where you solve the cross while making an F2L pair but not solving it. So something like an XXCross+1 would mean I solved the cross while solving 2 F2L pairs and also pairing up another pair

moh_33

an Extended Cross (XCross) is where you simultaneously solve the cross and an F2L pair. However, it's typically done blockbuilding-style, like a 2x2x2 would be in Petrus. A Cross+1 would be where you solve the cross while making an F2L pair but not solving it. So something like an XXCross+1 would mean I solved the cross while solving 2 F2L pairs and also pairing up another pair
Ah ok thanks..

welp ur right but i wanted to do this so that i can understand more of th 3x3 cube

In my opinion, if that's your main goal with this quest, knowing many methods isn't worth it. I think that getting your movecount really low with one method gives you a deeper understanding of the cube than knowing many (more speedsolving) methods.
You should try to solve it in as fewest moves. Choose a method that can be efficient (Heise, Petrus, Roux, etc) that you like (otherwise it will only be a pain to do) and study it for a long time. Look at other methods for better techniques. Learn about commutators and conjugates and other FMC techniques or figure things out by yourself. But if you just enjoy learning new methods, then nobody should stop you