• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My General Cubing Progress

BlastKracken7

YouTube
Visit Channel
Reconstruction
Scramble: R' F' L2 F2 L2 D2 L2 U F2 U L2 D' R2 U L' B2 R' F U' L' B
Solution:
y //inspection
R U' R2 y' R' F' l2 //cross (ik its on top)
R U2 R' y' L' U L //first pair
R U' R' //second pair
U2 y R' U2 R U2 R' U R //third pair
y U' L' U' L // fourth pair
U F R U R' U' F' //yellow cross
L' U R U' L U R' U //preserving block causing accidental zbll

when 2 look OLL causes a pll skip XD

Last edited:

FakeMMAP

WCA
2014MAUR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey! I've recently become a new entry to the full ZBLL club.

so, first of all, as DG said already full ZBLL is a huge commitment, make sure you really want to put in the effort for such a big task.

second: USE THE ZBLL TRAINER TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
it's helpful as heck, and helped me consolidate the first algs I knew.

remember this one thing: the more algs you know, the easier it is to learn others, because you get more used to it, and you're able to relate new algs to others more often, and for a big alg set this is VERY useful.

so, with that said, here is how I learnt ZBLL:

I created a bunch of txt files, one for every OCLL (you can use spreadsheets too), each of which the cases by COLL.
I indicated the cases by how they're indicated them on the ZBLL trainer, so I could just check the file and instantly know what
cases I should input into the trainer. so for the U case FBBF CxO, i would have it on the U file, in the FBBF (checkerboard) section, and i would write CxO. then I would write the algorithm, that I broke down into triggers using a teamBLD notation I saw somewhere (I think bob burton site). triggers include push=R U' R', pull=R U R', super=R U2 R', front-push=F' U F, back and left versions, and also wide move versions. I would write the algs with that notation, then train them.

The order I recommend is this: learn 2GLLs (order: T/U simultaneously, L, Pi, H, S/As, which can be delayed a bit), while making sure you know all COLL+skip cases for T, U, L and some mirrors and inverses as well. H, Pi and S/As+skip cases are harder to recognize, except for diag H.

next I recommend learning ZBLL for the worst U-set COLL (R' Y-perm R), and then finish the other COLL sets, while drilling them as soon as you finish a subset. meanwhile you can learn some other random T and L cases. next I would learn T and L, by starting with diag cases, because they're the worst. meanwhile learn easy cases. you can also learn some H/Pi/S/As if you want (I remember learning all sune+F-perm cases because I was into OH, and the COLL+skip cases+mirrors and inverses for all other COLL cases at this point)

finish with H, Pi, S and AS, again starting from Pi. (actually I learnt diag Pi after starting L, because diag Pi is so bad)

Etotheipi

Would you recommend learning OLLCP first or ZBLL first?
I wouldn't know very well, but I'd say ZBLL because EO is pretty easy to force, and OLLCP only gives a small advantage of an EPLL, which would be mostly negated by the recog difficulty and alg recall. (Though a person who knows ZBLL or OLLCP might think differently)

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey! I've recently become a new entry to the full ZBLL club.

so, first of all, as DG said already full ZBLL is a huge commitment, make sure you really want to put in the effort for such a big task.

second: USE THE ZBLL TRAINER TO YOUR ADVANTAGE
it's helpful as heck, and helped me consolidate the first algs I knew.

remember this one thing: the more algs you know, the easier it is to learn others, because you get more used to it, and you're able to relate new algs to others more often, and for a big alg set this is VERY useful.

so, with that said, here is how I learnt ZBLL:

I created a bunch of txt files, one for every OCLL (you can use spreadsheets too), each of which the cases by COLL.
I indicated the cases by how they're indicated them on the ZBLL trainer, so I could just check the file and instantly know what
cases I should input into the trainer. so for the U case FBBF CxO, i would have it on the U file, in the FBBF (checkerboard) section, and i would write CxO. then I would write the algorithm, that I broke down into triggers using a teamBLD notation I saw somewhere (I think bob burton site). triggers include push=R U' R', pull=R U R', super=R U2 R', front-push=F' U F, back and left versions, and also wide move versions. I would write the algs with that notation, then train them.

The order I recommend is this: learn 2GLLs (order: T/U simultaneously, L, Pi, H, S/As, which can be delayed a bit), while making sure you know all COLL+skip cases for T, U, L and some mirrors and inverses as well. H, Pi and S/As+skip cases are harder to recognize, except for diag H.

next I recommend learning ZBLL for the worst U-set COLL (R' Y-perm R), and then finish the other COLL sets, while drilling them as soon as you finish a subset. meanwhile you can learn some other random T and L cases. next I would learn T and L, by starting with diag cases, because they're the worst. meanwhile learn easy cases. you can also learn some H/Pi/S/As if you want (I remember learning all sune+F-perm cases because I was into OH, and the COLL+skip cases+mirrors and inverses for all other COLL cases at this point)

finish with H, Pi, S and AS, again starting from Pi. (actually I learnt diag Pi after starting L, because diag Pi is so bad)
congrats on learning the whole thing

BlastKracken7

YouTube
Visit Channel
So sorry for the late update. I would've updated on Monday but I could not as I was using my school laptop as it is surprisingly better than my tablet. Anyway here was my stats of what I had done in Friday and when I can I'll update again
OLL (43/57) cross: 100% (7/7) L: 77.7% (21/27) Line: 46.6% (7/15) Dot: 100% (8/8)

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
So sorry for the late update. I would've updated on Monday but I could not as I was using my school laptop as it is surprisingly better than my tablet. Anyway here was my stats of what I had done in Friday and when I can I'll update again
OLL (43/57) cross: 100% (7/7) L: 77.7% (21/27) Line: 46.6% (7/15) Dot: 100% (8/8)
Are you done? :)
Only had a few to go last week.

BlastKracken7

YouTube
Visit Channel
Are you done? :)
Only had a few to go last week.
Sadly no. I'm afraid to go into algdb on my tablet as when it is in chrome its risky as chrome crashes a lot. Just writing this post I thought it would crash a lot because of lag. I would've been done if I knew the algorithms in my old book that i wrote algorithms in. I just looked in it before writing this post and I found an algorithm that wasn't mostly accepted therefore I can't rn. Yeah sorry about that.. Bad devices are bad to work with...

BlastKracken7

YouTube
Visit Channel
So now i have some news. My dad is going to sign me up for my first comp. I have 2 months yet to learn algorithms. Here is what i have planned. I am going to sign up for 2x2-5x5, OH, pyra, and squan. Starting tomorrow when i get to my cousins) or when i get home monday as i dont have my 3x3 with me, im going to start learning algorithms again.

The algorithms ima learn, in order, are: OLL, 2x2 CLL, COLL, probably some pyra algs, and then some squan algs. if you think i should learn these in a different order or other algorithms, please tell me and where i should learn them in the order. WV will probably be added somewhere at the end. Thanks!

p.s. ima have fun getting a trainer on mobile...

Last edited:

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
So now i have some news. My dad is going to sign me up for my first comp. I have 2 months yet to learn algorithms. Here is what i have planned. I am going to sign up for 2x2-5x5, OH, pyra, and squan. Starting tomorrow when i get to my cousins) or when i get home monday as i dont have my 3x3 with me, im going to start learning algorithms again.

The algorithms ima learn, in order, are: OLL, 2x2 CLL, COLL, probably some pyra algs, and then some squan algs. if you think i should learn these in a different order or other algorithms, please tell me and where i should learn them in the order. WV will probably be added somewhere at the end. Thanks!

p.s. ima have fun getting a trainer on mobile...
My boi Calvin Neilson AKA Rouxbic Cuber is actually working on "Cube Gym", a trainer app for mobile. It's in its early stages right now and is mostly meant for square-1 but it could branch off into other puzzles too.