• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My first sub 20 solve..omg. Try this scramble!!!

magicsquares

I scrambled with White on top and green in front and solved with white on D so I got a pretty normal solve.

WCA
2008LIVE01
Fridrich solve, white on U, green on F: 21 seconds. Warm up :p

Petrus solve: white on D, green on F (I figured that's how he did it) 15.69

Petrus solve: white on U, green on F: 17.91. I didn't get the same last layer as I did before, which is a shame, it was an A perm :(

That was a fun scramble, I didn't know what blocks to choose from!

keemy

WCA
2006CORR01
scamble white on Ugreen F and i get a triple x cross XP
if you do rotate the white side clockwise once before you start the cross you get 3 pairs i kinda messed up though and got 17.xx but it really should have been like a 10 i am never good at easy scrambles ><

erm i read though this thing and people said it was better with cross on D and got 10.66 lol yeah it was way easier

solution: R2uL'U'L'UFUF'U2R'U2RUR'U'RL'U2L2UL2UL2U2L'F'L'ULUL'U'LFL'U'LULF'L'FU2 (although when i actually executed there were a few y rotations)

Last edited:

jun349

WCA
2022LEEJ13
i usually average around 30s, my best avg, 29.83, i even had a few bad days lately averaging around 33s.
but today i came across this scramble and i was stunned when i saw 19.75s (pb) :D

i'm really curious what the pros would get with this one. btw it was not a lucky case!

B2 L2 D L2 U2 F' U L' B2 D' B2 F' D R D' U F' U D F2 D R B U B2
I tried yellow cross and i got 20-22

Thom S.

I tried yellow cross and i got 20-22
How do people keep finding old threads and think their opinion 10 years later adds to the conversation.
on the 3rd attempt, i got a 14.82 PB😅
Doesn't count
Okay, so SS isn't very lenient with necroing, but i the Terms and Conditions/Rules state that you shouldn't necro without good reason.
Other forums have strict rules about necroing implemented for at least 20 years.

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
How do people keep finding old threads and think their opinion 10 years later adds to the conversation.

Doesn't count

Okay, so SS isn't very lenient with necroing, but i the Terms and Conditions/Rules state that you shouldn't necro without good reason.
Other forums have strict rules about necroing implemented for at least 20 years.

What is a necro?

Thom S.

Digging up old ****, usually in forums.
I'd say mostly. Necro is shortened that way to differentiate itself from necromancy and necrophilia, both of which don't happen on the internet. Necroing, on the other hand, does.