• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

My Cubing Progresses (right now its 3BLD)

Xander

My yellow cross lookahead is now kinda similar to my white cross, just seconds slower lol

Also, now my right index finger is now healed so I can spam TPS now :cool:
It shouldn’t be too hard become just as good at yellow cross because F2L pairs are smart and it’s doesn’t take that long to get comfortable with. I’ve being doing white/yellow for awhile and working on color neutrality for CFOP

Xander

I have trouble preserving free F2L pairs, it seems when I'm doing the cross it always messes the pair.
All of these may work but practicing things in real time and speed is always the best if possible. It’s pretty hard at first because you have to know how to track pieces and it takes a lot of focus, but I would highly recommend doing a session where every scramble you go for cross + first pair/xcross and do it blindfolded after you come up with your solution. Top solvers recommend this and I’ve found this very helpful in my improving from 13 second solves to 9 & 10. It results in much more fluid solves and gives you the chance to look ahead to other pieces when your comfortable executing cross and first pair without looking at it. In my opinion this is one of the next big steps to improve to sub-10 and under.

Xander

All of these may work but practicing things in real time and speed is always the best if possible. It’s pretty hard at first because you have to know how to track pieces and it takes a lot of focus, but I would highly recommend doing a session where every scramble you go for cross + first pair/xcross and do it blindfolded after you come up with your solution. Top solvers recommend this and I’ve found this very helpful in my improving from 13 second solves to 9 & 10. It results in much more fluid solves and gives you the chance to look ahead to other pieces when your comfortable executing cross and first pair without looking at it. In my opinion this is one of the next big steps to improve to sub-10 and under.
And I personally time my solves for make sure I’m practicing quick efficient crosses, when you get it down well you should be able to average 2-3 seconds for cross and first pair if not a little faster which would be excellent.

Average for today :
Generated By csTimer on 2020-04-28
avg of 5: 13.20

Time List:
1. 13.38 R2 B2 U2 R2 D' B2 U' R2 U' F2 R2 D L F R' F' D2 F R' B2 R'
2. 13.52 R' B F2 R2 B2 U2 L2 D B2 L2 D F2 D F' U F2 L' R D R
3. (12.56) U' R2 U F2 D L2 R2 U F2 L2 B2 L2 F U F D F' R2 B R D'
4. 12.70 F U2 F' D2 B' D2 L2 F2 U2 B2 U F' L' F' L2 R' F2 D' B' R2
5. (13.85) B' D2 R2 D2 L2 B2 U' L2 D' L2 D F2 U F U L' F2 L F D' B'

I think youcubers say that if you're sending a solve to be critiqued, don't give to good nor too bad averages.

give average solves
Average for today :
Generated By csTimer on 2020-04-28
avg of 5: 13.20

Time List:
1. 13.38 R2 B2 U2 R2 D' B2 U' R2 U' F2 R2 D L F R' F' D2 F R' B2 R'
2. 13.52 R' B F2 R2 B2 U2 L2 D B2 L2 D F2 D F' U F2 L' R D R
3. (12.56) U' R2 U F2 D L2 R2 U F2 L2 B2 L2 F U F D F' R2 B R D'
4. 12.70 F U2 F' D2 B' D2 L2 F2 U2 B2 U F' L' F' L2 R' F2 D' B' R2
5. (13.85) B' D2 R2 D2 L2 B2 U' L2 D' L2 D F2 U F U L' F2 L F D' B'

I think youcubers say that if you're sending a solve to be critiqued, don't give to good nor too bad averages.

For PLL prediction, I recommend you learn COLL. Learning COLL can have many advantages for getting better PLLs, but the benefit here is it teaches you about corner permutation, and helps you predict what type of PLL you will get after the OLL (CP solved, Adjacent swap, or diag swap). Another thing you can do is learn/observe how your standard OLL algs affect CP so you can predict your PLL type.

Also, you could learn 2 side PLL recognition. There a re a bunch of good tutorials on youtube, and Feliks has crated a 2-side PLL trainer on Cubeskills.com

Lastly, you can try and learn to predict OLL from last slot/pair. There are plenty of helpful resources out there.

For PLL prediction, I recommend you learn COLL. Learning COLL can have many advantages for getting better PLLs, but the benefit here is it teaches you about corner permutation, and helps you predict what type of PLL you will get after the OLL (CP solved, Adjacent swap, or diag swap). Another thing you can do is learn/observe how your standard OLL algs affect CP so you can predict your PLL type.

Also, you could learn 2 side PLL recognition. There a re a bunch of good tutorials on youtube, and Feliks has crated a 2-side PLL trainer on Cubeskills.com

Lastly, you can try and learn to predict OLL from last slot/pair. There are plenty of helpful resources out there.

thanks :) I've never thought predicted PLL by looking at the side stickers during OLL. I often can't search JPerm's old videos because they are not that popular.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results

Trying to force EO and then doing COLL just to get an EPLL alg isn't a good idea, and is almost always worse than LS->OLL->PLL. Even when EO is skipped, it's best to do OCLL->PLL

Trying to force EO and then doing COLL just to get an EPLL alg isn't a good idea, and is almost always worse than LS->OLL->PLL. Even when EO is skipped, it's best to do OCLL->PLL
That's not what I meant. COLL is useful when the opportunity comes up, but that's not what Im concerned about. I meant that COLL should be learnt in this situation for the sake of getting familiar with the concept of corner permutation, which is very important at the higher levels for predicting PLL. The learning experience of COLL would be very beneficial.